Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Having a lot of pressure
dadslilhrlygrl posted:
Okay this is my third baby but it has been six years since I had my last daughter so I can't completely remember anything. I'm 29 wks 5dys and having a lot pressure down there. It don't ease up whether I lay down or stand up or just sitting. Sometimes it last few minutes and sometimes for an hour or so then eases up. It is random as well. I don't have to be doing anything at all. Any advise???

MENDEZWARD responded:
We are about neck and neck, i will be 30 weeks on tuesday. When was you last check up? Make sure you let your doctor know whats going on, call him no matter what time of day. If your working they may put you on bedrest until you get ready to go in the hospital. When is your due date? Mine is November 12, but i feel like he may come early.

dadslilhrlygrl replied to MENDEZWARD's response:
I just saw the doctor Wed and he told me that it is normal just pressure from the growing. But I just had to do a 24 -hr urine to see if I'm developing preeclampisa. My due date is Nov 8th and I'm looking at having her much earlier than expected. Hoping to hold off as long as I can.

RobynMia responded:
Pressure started for me at around 33 weeks and has (and will not) go away. My doctor said it was pressure from a growing baby and uterus. It has caused my vagina to swell to double in size. So ice packs sound more appealing then sex. Keep your feet up as much as possible. The randomness can come from your little one moving around.

Good luck!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I are expecting our second son May 14, 2010. Our first son, Jonathan, is two years old and a lot of fun. We're really looking forwa...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.