Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Hips popping
beckie_33 posted:
Has anyone else had a problem with your hips popping when walking? My hips pop all the time now when I walk and it's pretty painful at times. I've had to resort to using the motorized carts at the grocery store because of my hips. I feel silly using the motorized carts because I think there are so many other people that need it more than I do, but sometimes the pain is too much.

korin81 responded:
No Hip issues here but OMG my herniated disk is killing me!!! I can hardly walk and it feels terrible!!! I am about to start using the motorized carts too!!!!!!
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(4), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
oh wow...how far along are you? What did your doctor say about your hips popping?

beckie_33 replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
I'm 34 weeks today and I forgot to mention it to my doctor today.

BabyJay24 responded:
the left side of my hip pops sometimes and it is quite painful. i am 28 weeks 2 days. i have been having a lot of hip joint pain, so bad to the point where it is painful for me to lie flat on my back or my sides.

beckie_33 replied to BabyJay24's response:
It's getting more difficult for me to sleep at night because of the hip pain. I find it a little more comfortable to sleep on a recliner some nights.

Try alternating between heat and ice on your hips. It helps me some.

Spotlight: Member Stories

24...Newly engaged!! Bonus daughter: Allie (5yrs) Daughter: Makayla (2yrs) Nursing student.

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful