Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Seeing Flashes or floaters
nikndan13 posted:
So I have noticed for the past two days here and there I'll see flashes or floaters in my peripheral vision at random times ..I've only ever known this to happen more with women that have gestational diabetes or high BP or some sort of eye trauma ... My OB never said anything about my GTT so I assumed it was fine but this along with the fact that my latest u/s revealed my LO is approx. 6 lbs 10 oz already and im a little over 33 weeks , has me wondering what the deal is .... Any of you women experiencing GD have the flashes or floaters too ? Is your baby also larger than expected ... I'm prob gonna call my OB on Monday just to see what they think but I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this .. Thanks
Me (30) DH (33) DD (13) DD (10) DD (2) Repeat c- section for me 10/23 can't wait to meet my lil football player !! Yay Blue team !!

korin81 responded:
Yep I get them all the time. This is my third pregnancy and third time with GD. My DD at 33 weeks was apprx. 5lbs 1 oz. I don't have another growth u/s till 37-38 weeks, I'm 35w1d now.

I know there are medical reason to see floaters like high BP, pre-e etc. But some pregnant women see them for no reason at all. I think it's only if they get worse or you have other symptons of another condition that they would be cause for concern. Regardless it may be something to bring up to your OB.
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(4), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

nikndan13 replied to korin81's response:
Thanks Korin yea I'm def gonna mention it at my next appt or sooner if I notice it getting worse ..it just kinda freaked me out as its never happened before and was making me think into it prob. more than I need to ...
Me (30) DH (33) DD (13) DD (10) DD (2) Repeat c- section for me 10/23 can't wait to meet my lil football player !! Yay Blue team !!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My husband and I are highschool sweethearts. We got pregnant with our first son (CJ) when I was 18 and my hubby was 19, I had CJ at 38 weeks and 1 day...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.