Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Average time to"drop"???
dadslilhrlygrl posted:
Okay everyone I have a question... When do you normally start to "drop"? I was looking at my belly today and it is lower than it was yesterday. I was told that normally start that around few weeks before you give birth but I'm only 32 weeks. Even my mother said my belly has gotten lower.

korin81 responded:
I believe first time Mom's it can be 2-4 weeks, but does not indicate impending labor, but breathing gets better lol. With second and such most don't drop until actual labor!
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(4), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

dadslilhrlygrl replied to korin81's response:
This is my 3rd child. I didn't really experince this part on both of my previous pregnancies because I ended up with Pre eclampisa with both and was induced at 36 wks and 37 wks. I have to agree breathing has gotten better but there is all that pressure down there now. I'm just worried about this one coming earlier than planned. I believe in my dreams telling me things especially when I have so many of the same kind of dream. I go to my doctor on Monday so I will find out for sure. I am just really nervous.

korin81 replied to dadslilhrlygrl's response:
This is my third as well and same with me, I didn't notice much with the first two. This one however has been engaged since 33 weeks!!! But from the outside I really can't tell a diff. The pressure can get pretty bad sometimes though! Are you going to ask your OB to check you? Mine checked me at my 34 weeks appt and said I was a dimple dilated, soft and low. I have not got checked since so not sure if any progress has been made. I may have her look at my 36 weeks appt though
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(4), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

dadslilhrlygrl replied to korin81's response:
Yes I am going to have him check me this next time to make sure I'm still far froming having her. I am only 32 weeks now so it is way to early for her to come anytime soon. She needs to wait another 5 weeks at least!!!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been happily married to the love of my life, Mike, since July 31st, 2008. His three kids from a previous marriage live with us and I have a D...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.