Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
just hit my 28w mark and bad contractions
AmandaDanielleBrown posted:
this is my 2nd child but with the 1st i never experienced any kind of contractions. im almost positive im having braxton hicks contractions, but they are becoming so painful its hard to walk to do anything. they come and last for about an hour if not more. does anyone have any suggestions of what i can do to calm them down. i sit all day at work in font of a cube so i cant go try and walk around oe be physical

korin81 responded:

Are they tightening your entire abdomen, so it feels like you're walking with a rock in there? Or more lower cramping that spreads to your back and down? BHC would be the tight feeling, but they can def take your breath away and make it hard to walk. I have had a couple that were painful but mostly just uncomfortable. Try lying down on your left side and drinking lots of water. If they become consistent, get worst or you get more than 4 or 6 and hour I believe (depends on your OB) then you may want to go in and get monitored just to be sure! Good luck!
By the way, I sit most often as well cause of my computer job. And everytime I get up is when they seem to hit!
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(4), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

jedmonds12 responded:
I get the braxton hicks type contractions all day; they come most frequently for me when I'm sitting. I have a desk job too, so it's hard to get up and move around, which usually makes them go away. Make sure you're drinking LOTS of water. Even being a little bit dehydrated will make them more frequent. Even if you're tied to your desk, standing and stretching may make them slow or stop too. Try to get your blood moving at least once an hour!
Julie (28), DH (35)
DS Kawika 4/25/11
Due 10/7/12 - blue team!

AmandaDanielleBrown replied to korin81's response:
they are all over the abdomen its like my belly is becoming a rock and it hurts alooot. my doctor isnt the greatest and its super hard to et ahold of him but at 28 weeks i dont want to change doctors ya know thanks for the input ladies.

hgreenwood7058 replied to AmandaDanielleBrown's response:
I think it would be a good idea to go in and get checked if it becomes hard as a rock. Are you able to time them? If you are having more than 5 an hour they say to go in. Want to make sure your not having preterm labor. Do drink LOTS of water. Also elevate your feet (even if that means turning a garbage can or recycle can upside down so you can. Thats what I had to do).
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is Tiffany..my husband, Tj and I have been married for almost 5 years. We are expecting our first son, Tyler Jordan, on March 7 2011.

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.