Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
39 weeks and still no sign of labor
Sdancer85 posted:
My pregnancy has been great thus far .All my test have been normal and I would be considered low risk. Now in the home stretch my body has basically stopped there is no indication that my little girl will be born close to her due date 9-23-12. I'm so over being pregnant and just want to meet her already.Are there any women out there who feel like i do? And want to try natural ways to get your body going and ready for labor. If so what have you tried or what will you try?

Take the Poll

How do you feel about induced labor?
  • Im ok with it.
  • I'd prefer to have it
  • No way not for me
  • Let nature take it's coarse
vote
View Poll Results

jedmonds12 responded:
I'm coming up on 38 weeks myself and I'm over being pregnant too. I've enjoyed it, I love the experience, love feeling my baby move inside me, love wondering what he'll look like and sound like, but I'm ready to be done. Welcome to the 3rd trimester, which is, by evolutionary design, supposed to make you miserable so that you WANT the baby to come out at the end =D

I tried a few natural methods supposed to help induce labor with my first pg (fresh pineapple, lots of walking and squatting, sex, nipple stimulation, castor oil) and I don't think any of them worked. He was born at exactly 41 weeks, one day prior to our scheduled induction, which I was dreading.

I really don't want to induce this time, either. Based on how my labor went the first time when I went into labor on my own (very long, stalled after the epidural, had to use pitocin, almost had to use forceps), I plan to wait this baby out. I feel like if I had to induce it would be another long, drawn out, difficult labor with lots of medical interventions.

Talk to me again when my due date has come and gone, but now for I'm just trying to be patient. Due dates aren't concrete; they're approximations at best. And a doula friend of mine actually informed me not too long ago that the average length of gestation is truly closer to 41 weeks than 40.

If you're not in labor by the 29th, maybe the full moon that day will jump start things for you! Hang in there, mama, the end is the hardest part but it's totally worth it.
Julie (28), DH (35)
DS Kawika 4/25/11
Due 10/7/12 - blue team!

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm 18 years old and pregnant with my first child...i wouldn't say i was the perfect mam, i have made mistakes throughout my pregnancy but im ...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.