Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
he is here! but still have some weird symptoms
oliviaand posted:
Well, my little bundle of joy came earlier than expected. Micah Israel Andrade was born on September 15 2012. He was 4 lbs 14.1 oz and 18 inches long. Small but he is healthy. He was about a month early. My EDD was October 13th. But, I started having some complications the week before he was born. I had high blood pressure and then I think I overdid it because I started to lose my mucus plug. Then, on Saturday at about 2 am I started having contractions. I thought they were Braxton Hicks contractions because they were far apart but then they started getting very painful and would increase when I would change positions when I was sleeping, when I got up to go wee and even walking. So, I called my doctor to tell him and he said to go to the hospital. So, my mom drove me to the hospital and when I checked in, the contracftions were about 3 to 5 mins apart. The nurse checked me and I was already 3 cm dilated. Then by 12 noon, I was 7 cm. By 5:00 pm, I was already more than 10 cm dilated. So, the doctor (not mine unfortunately) came and Micah Israel was out in two pushes and he was born at 5:22 pm. He is doing well.

But, me, well, for some reason I started developing new symptoms that I never got when i was pregnant. Well, I have weird sensations all over my skin that sometimes feel like pins and needles and other times it feels like electric sensations. They aren't painful but they are annoying. My itching (I did develop PUPPPS while I was pregnant) has gotten worse. Don't know if this is bc my body is trying to get back to normal. Hope so because the itching is so annoying. It keeps me awake at night.

Lastly, even though I had a small baby, I tore and it was a 2nd degree tear. So, I wanted to know from any of you moms, did you tear and how long did it take to heal. Other than that, I am thankful that my baby boy was born healthy. So excited to share this with all of you.

God Bless.

korin81 responded:
Yayyy, Congrats on your little man !!!!! I tore with both my kids...seems like the first one it took a couple weeks to heal. Second time around was wayyyy faster and I tore in the same exact spot. Motrin really helps with inflammation and if you can get some dermaplast, it feels awesome when you spray it down there
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(4), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12

jedmonds12 responded:
Congratulations!! Wow, he definitely decided to make an early entrance. I had a 2nd degree tear with my first, too, but he was 8 lbs 10 oz... LOL. I didn't feel completely 100% good down there for almost 12 weeks. At 6 weeks I was fully healed, but I was still nervous about intimacy, and still weirdly sore, like the skin still needed a gentle touch. I loved the little squirt bottle they gave me to "clean up" with for the first week, since even the softest TP was like sandpaper, and the Dermaplast and Advil helped too.

Congrats again, and good luck in your recovery!! Hopefully your other weird symptoms fade quickly, but our hormones do some WEIRD things sometimes.
Julie (29), DH (36)
DS Kawika 4/25/11
Due 10/7/12 - blue team!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations oliviaand!

So excited to hear about your little guy! How long were you in the hospital?

Please give your doctor a call about your pins & needles feeling and itching, want to make sure all is OK.

I also had a quick labor, very small baby, and tore. I wonder if the quick labor did not give our bodies time to stretch? I think I will have to follow-up and ask one of our experts about this.

Can't wait to hear more about how you guys are doing, be sure to join the other new moms over on Baby's First Year Community.

Blessings to your family,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

nikndan13 responded:
Congrats on the LO !! Hope everyone is doing great and you start to get some relief soon . Take care : )
Me (30) DH (33) DD (13) DD (10) DD (2) Repeat c- section for me 10/23 can't wait to meet my lil football player !! Yay Blue team !!

ChristinaTT replied to nikndan13's response:
Congratulations! Sorry about your tear, in addition to what the ladies have already posted, use the ice packs they give you! they were a lifesaver for me.

oliviaand responded:
thank you everyone for your wishes and blessings. He is doing well. My tear is feelinga a lot better. I have been using ice packs and Dermoplast spray (which is my new best friend). I am very impatient so I guess I expected to heal quickly. But, I know it will take time. But, I am glad to at least get up and around.

Again, thank you all for your wishes and blessings!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Married to my current DH for almost 5 years. Have five kids with one on the way.

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.