Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
39 weeks today!
countrygalatx3 posted:
Hi.
Today I've reached my 39th week of pregnancy, and I've become very impatient! I had a DR apt last week, and the DR told that he didn't think I would make it to the end of this week (this past week).. but still, no baby yet! I havent walked in a couple days because I've just become frustrated!! And now I feel like I've given up..
I've been very frustrated with myself. He sounded so certain that I would delivered by now!

I was 2.5cm dilated and 80% effaced, this is also my first baby!
Any suggestions or tips???

Taylove11 responded:
I'm sorry. I know at the end of pregnancy you are so ready to be done. I would try to keep walking as much as possible. I've always heard that walking helps to speed up the process.

With my DD, I was 100% effaced and 2 cm dialated for 2-1/2 weeks. Walking helped to get me fully effaced but it didn't help actually start labor. I ended up having to be induced at 40w3d. Sometimes our bodies want to hang on to these LOs. Best of luck!
Taryn(24), DH(31), DD (2) Expecting again! Blue team. EDD 12/7.

countrygalatx3 replied to Taylove11's response:
How did you feel about being induced?
I've heard that it makes labor harder on your body, because it speeds up the laboring!

MENDEZWARD replied to countrygalatx3's response:
@countrygalatx3

Being induced is harsh on your body; that's why i'm hopeing my baby will come on his own. I feel like he will be early. That's what i am hopeing for anyway. My doctor alway's give his patient a option of going in a week early. If we can get thru October with no problem, maybe i can look forward to November 1 st thru the 6th.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Anda! I have been married to my husband Matt since June, 2008. I have a step daughter who is 9 and we have 7 dogs!!!! We are expecting our ...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.