Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
40 weeks pregnant.
CandJ posted:
This is my first pregnancy. I'm now 40 weeks pregnant and my Due date is 10-5-2012 this friday. I'm worried because I stopped dilating. They are probly going to induce me, but im not sure yet. I wished I knew.. Ill up date you friday if I can..

jedmonds12 responded:
If you can stand it, wait it out. My first was born exactly 1 week past his due date. We had an induction scheduled for the day after he was born, but he picked his own birthday Some babies just need a *little* bit longer.
Julie (29), DH (36)
DS Kawika 4/25/11
Due 10/7/12 - blue team!

jessi2056 responded:
Good Luck hope everything turns out great!
Me(24) DH(25) expecting our first 11/27/2012 Pink Team= Zoey Christine Renee!

CandJ responded:
I was induced saturday.. Then on sunday I was fully dilated they made me push 3 time. My heart beat and his was really high and there was no way he was going to come out . so i had a c section. now i have a healthy little boy

hgreenwood7058 replied to CandJ's response:
Congrats on your little boy. How big was he? Sorry about the c-section. I had to have one to.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to CandJ's response:
Congratulations!!

Hope you are healing and feeling better and healing day. Share more info about your little guy.

Hope you check in over on Baby's First Year to connect and meet up with moms going through all the same stages and phases of new mommyhood.

Blessings to your family,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

CandJ replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
he was 7lb 8oz 20.5in hes growing everyday. He dont fuss to much. Its not as hard as I thought it would be. Im only 21 and I understand some people just can't do it. Trust me you do get sad easy and cry alot. I know that will get better soon to. I live with my parents, but I cant wait till I can move in with my boyfriend that Is willing to take care of him as his own if its not his son.

hgreenwood7058 replied to CandJ's response:
thats good. My son was 7lb5oz and 21 inches long and he was 17 days early. It sounds like your might have ppd (post partum depression) its very common. If you feel that its really getting to you then you could see your dr about it. If you aren't breastfeeding then they can give you meds to help treat it. I did not get it thankfully. I was a little emotional for the first few weeks but it was because everytime i looked at him i was thankful he was okay and healthy. (I had a emergency c-section after 36 hours of labor and complications. The c-section they put me completely under so I was not awake when he was born because of complications and them wanting me to delivery quickly, that and I was scared to death of anything happening to him. My older brother and younger sister died of SIDS so that terrified me).It does get better with time as well. I turned 25 4 months after my son was born. He is now 6 months old. Best wishes and congrats on mommy hood.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

CandJ replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
im very happy that I have my son, just right now I don't know who his dad is. my boyfriend is being his father figure. I love him for that it just sucks that right now we can't live together. mine was emergency too but they didnt put me under good thing they didnt i would freaked. im very sorry that you had to go under and couldnt get the chance to see him right away, also about your brother and sister. from one mom to another much love

Spotlight: Member Stories

I live in New Castle County, DE with my husband and we're expecting our 1st baby in October. I am so excited to meet my little baby girl.

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.