Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Khloe Madison is here!!!
korin81 posted:
Khloe Madison Whitney born 10/11/12 @1128, 7 pounds 6 ounces, 20.5 inches long!
Spent all day at the ER on 10/10 due to what I now know are multiple kidney stones. I was on pain meds every two hours and lots of fluids, still could not pass the stones and they could not keep my pain under control. ER doc called my midwife and she had them transfer me over to labor and delivery to kick off my induction a day early. Foley catheter was placed and I was told it would dilate me to 3 cm by morning. I was still unable to keep foods down, still pretty sick, but I was able to shower.

At midnight they started me on Pit and said they would start upping it at 7 am. Woke around 7, midwife came in and removed the bulb. She said I was 4 cm and 50% yayy! She also proceeded to break my water which ...kicked my contractions up big time. 30 mins later I was 5 cm and 70%, at that point I was begging for the Epi! Got my Epi shortly after and I felt pretty awesome! I was nervous about the Epi cause of my back issues but it did not hurt at all and the meds kicked in quickly.
An hour later I started feeling pressure. Nurse checked me and I was 9 cm! She called my midwife who was 20 mins away, by the time she showed up I was fully dilated and ready to go. 2 pushes later Khloe was born!!!! I swear this kid could have crawled out herself lol.

She loves the boobie lol, and loves to be held. Makes it difficult to get any sleep lol, that and nurses in here constantly needing vitals on us! We're looking to be discharged on Saturday. I have to see a Urologist in 2 weeks to get these stones blasted. Hopefully they don't bother me again tho!!!
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(4), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12, Induction set for 10/12/12!

dadslilhrlygrl responded:
Congrats!!! Love the birth date.

korin81 replied to dadslilhrlygrl's response:
Thanks!!
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(4), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12, Induction set for 10/12/12!

nikndan13 responded:
Oooooh yay Korin !! Welcome to the world baby Khloe <3 and she has a really awesome birthday too ; ) sorry it all happened with you you having some serious pain but so happy she got here safe and sound !! Best wishes and congrats hope the older LO's are doing great too with their new baby sister : )
Me (30) DH (33) DD (13) DD (10) DD (2) Repeat c- section for me 10/23 can't wait to meet my lil football player !! Yay Blue team !!

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Congratulations!!! Interesting birth story and I'm glad you all are well!

ChristinaTT replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
Congratulations! Sorry about the kidney stones, though. Glad your induction and delivery went so smoothly! BTW, Khloe and I have the same birthday!

beckie_33 responded:
Congrats! My little guy was just a little larger than your little girl.

It would have been nice to have my little guy on 10/11/12 but he had different plans.

capriciousangel31 responded:
Congrats!!!!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
It's like you had two labors at the same time - stones and baby!
I can't imagine how painful this was.

Hopefully you have settled in at home cuddling with baby Khloe.

Fingers crossed on no rolling stones until you can them blasted.

Be sure to catch up with all the other new mommies over on Baby's First Year Community.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone, my name is Jenn. I was born in raised in North Central NJ, but have lived in MI since 1996. Still getting used to it, I swear. I work ...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.