Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
My little guy is here!
beckie_33 posted:
Gavin Mark M. was born Wednesday October 3rd weighing 7lbs 10 oz, 19 1/12 inches long.

Wednesday around midnight I went to L&D and I was dialated to a 4 and about 60% effaced an hour later they checked me again and I was the same so they sent me home with instructions to take a bath. It helped with the pain of the contractions but didn't stop them. At that time they were about 6-10 min apart.

After my bath I went to bed and woke up about an hour later with contractions 30 sec or less apart and had started bleeding so I called my doctor and headed back to L&D.

I was going to go med free but the pain was so bad I asked for drugs. The pain meds they gave me didn't touch the pain so I asked for an epidural. Can I say it was AWESOME.

When the nurse checked me again once I went back to L&D I was still at a 4 but 100% effaced and while checking me she accidentally broke my water and I dialated to an 8 in minutes putting my baby in distress and his heart rate dropped. My blood pressure shot up and so did my sugars so they took me to the OR and started to prep me for a c-section when my baby's heart rate went back up so they too me back to a room and started me on magnesium to get my blood pressure down.

I wasn't dialating past an 8 and didn't feel the need to push so they waited and then the baby's heart rate dropped again and my blood pressure wouldn't go down so I was once again wheeled into the OR and had an emergency c-section.

Because of the magnesium my baby was having a hard time breathing so they took him straight to the NICU. He was also having problems keeping his blood sugars up so they gave him a dextrose solution.

Gavin spent one week in the NICU and is now doing very well. I don't get alot of sleep but i'm happy to have a healthy little boy.

dadslilhrlygrl responded:
Congrats! Sorry about all the stuff you had to go through but glad you both are doing good.

korin81 responded:
Congrats on your little man. Hope you guys are doing well!!!
Korin(31), DH(26), DS(4), DD(1), Khloe Madison EDD: 10/18/12, Induction set for 10/12/12!

nikndan13 responded:
Congratulations on the lil guy !! Glad everyone is doing good now : )
Me (30) DH (33) DD (13) DD (10) DD (2) Repeat c- section for me 10/23 can't wait to meet my lil football player !! Yay Blue team !!

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Congratulations!!! I'm happy to hear you both are doing well! I love his name!

ChristinaTT replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
Congratulations on a healthy baby! Glad he's home now

beckie_33 responded:
Thanks everyone!

Being a mom is wonderful and i'm glad to have a very loving and understanding boyfriend who is willing to help out as much as possible.

Yesterday I was so exausted from lack of sleep so when we got back from a family party my boyfriend told me to sleep while he took care of Gavin. I needed the 4 hours of sleep and I feel soooo much better today. Finally a day without me breaking down and crying.

Thanks BeautifullyBlessed. I like the name too. I got his first name from a dream I had and his middle name is after my brother who died in '96.

capriciousangel31 responded:
Congrats!!!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations Beckie!

From a fellow magnesium patient, I'm so sorry you had to go through this. Can't imagine how difficult it was with Gavin in the NICU.

Wishing you many more longer lengths of sleep.

Be sure to catch up with all the other new mommies over on Baby's First Year Community.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Ryan and no my parents knew they were having a girl :) lol I get that all the time. I am 28 and I am 34 wks pregnant with my first viable p...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.