Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story
mommyin2011 posted:
Better late than never

Natalie Rose was born July 18, 2012 @ 11:41pm - 7lbs, 7oz; 18 1/2 inches. (due date was July 19, 2012)

The day of the 18th was a busy day. Did some shopping in the morning and took my son to get his 1 year old pictures taken. I felt fine the whole day (the following day was my due date). After getting my sons pictures done, my DH and I dropped him off at grandmas to go out to dinner. During dinner, I started to feel contractions. They were about 12 mins apart and not painful at all. I thought it was going to be a long night of these contractions and Natalie would probable come tomorrow. I was SO wrong!!! After we got home, around 10pm, the contractions started coming on stronger and faster. I took a shower and knew that it was time to go to the hospital. By the time we got into the car, my contractions were 3-4 mins apart. We got to the hospital at 11pm...I got into the labor room and requested an epi. I was 6cm. All of a sudden contractions were right on top of each other. There was no time for the epi. (there was also no time to check me in; no IV-nothing). Baby Natalie was coming - ready or not! So, w/o paid meds (mind you, Im a big baby with pain), Miss Natalie was born at 11:41pm. Only 41 mins from the time we got to the hospital!!!

This happened so fast! The doctor was in shock! After she was born, I was finally given my IV and officially admitted into the hospital.

Natalie is 3 months old now and she is perfect!!

(Natalie and her big brother are only 11 1/2 months apart)

Sorry it took so long to post...today is my first day back at work and I finally have time to use the computer lol
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! PINK TEAM - Natalie Rose

ChristinaTT responded:
Congratulations! What a nice quick labor / delivery!

Capriciousangel31 responded:
Congrats!!1

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations Saundra!

Sounds like Natalie was determined to be early, wow, what a speedy delivery!

So glad you checked back in and hope adjusting to work and managing 2 little ones is going OK.

Be sure to catch up with all the other mommies over on Baby's First Year Community.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

hgreenwood7058 responded:
congrats. I love baby birth stories late or not . I wish my labor was that short. I had the quick contractions it just wouldn't do anything. Darn body anyway lol. I am glad everything went well!
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi 33 weeks with 3rd baby girl on her way. Been married to my wonderful husband for 11 years. Currently have a six and three year old. Love my family ...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful