Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Birth Story
mommyin2011 posted:
Better late than never

Natalie Rose was born July 18, 2012 @ 11:41pm - 7lbs, 7oz; 18 1/2 inches. (due date was July 19, 2012)

The day of the 18th was a busy day. Did some shopping in the morning and took my son to get his 1 year old pictures taken. I felt fine the whole day (the following day was my due date). After getting my sons pictures done, my DH and I dropped him off at grandmas to go out to dinner. During dinner, I started to feel contractions. They were about 12 mins apart and not painful at all. I thought it was going to be a long night of these contractions and Natalie would probable come tomorrow. I was SO wrong!!! After we got home, around 10pm, the contractions started coming on stronger and faster. I took a shower and knew that it was time to go to the hospital. By the time we got into the car, my contractions were 3-4 mins apart. We got to the hospital at 11pm...I got into the labor room and requested an epi. I was 6cm. All of a sudden contractions were right on top of each other. There was no time for the epi. (there was also no time to check me in; no IV-nothing). Baby Natalie was coming - ready or not! So, w/o paid meds (mind you, Im a big baby with pain), Miss Natalie was born at 11:41pm. Only 41 mins from the time we got to the hospital!!!

This happened so fast! The doctor was in shock! After she was born, I was finally given my IV and officially admitted into the hospital.

Natalie is 3 months old now and she is perfect!!

(Natalie and her big brother are only 11 1/2 months apart)

Sorry it took so long to post...today is my first day back at work and I finally have time to use the computer lol
Me (29) DH (30) 3 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - 2nd baby due 7/20/12!! PINK TEAM - Natalie Rose

ChristinaTT responded:
Congratulations! What a nice quick labor / delivery!

capriciousangel31 responded:
Congrats!!1

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations Saundra!

Sounds like Natalie was determined to be early, wow, what a speedy delivery!

So glad you checked back in and hope adjusting to work and managing 2 little ones is going OK.

Be sure to catch up with all the other mommies over on Baby's First Year Community.

Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

hgreenwood7058 responded:
congrats. I love baby birth stories late or not . I wish my labor was that short. I had the quick contractions it just wouldn't do anything. Darn body anyway lol. I am glad everything went well!
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Arriane, DH is Jeremiah. I have been with DH for 7 yrs, finally tied the knot 8/23/09. We have a 4yr old son names Malokai and got our BFP ...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.