Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
35 wks & 2 days
jon3brn posted:
Its been awhile since I have posted in any pregnancy forum on WebMD. But I had an u/s last Friday, the tech said fluid was good, DD was head down (birthing position) and that she looked to be 5lbs/3oz. Our EDD is 11/25...we began the first (yesterday) of our weekly appointments until delivery. Doc said, due to her weight she is a little below the 50th percentile, but hopefully within the next few weeks baby girl can put on some more weight and be of average size (6-. I am hoping for around 7 (just right). But other than that, limited space in my belly doesn't turn my little one from stretching out, kicking, punching, etc. me. She is just as active as she was when she had more room.

Anytime she has to be monitored whether u/s, heartbeat, etc, she moves around trying to get away from it. She doesnt like any of it. And when she is bouncing around and someone other than me or her father places their hands on my belly, she immediately stops moving. Same way with me trying to catch it on our camera to show our families. Its as if she can see what we are trying to do and she says "not uh mommie, I aint having it"

But I question I have been posting to all my other friends that are mothers how did you go about washing new baby clothes so that the colors do not bleed and they stay bright? Any tips

mommyin2011 responded:
cold water, wash like colors together.

good luck on your baby girl! i had my daughter 3 months ago and she is so much fun!! i have a 15 month old son as well.
Me (30) DH (31) 4 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - DD 7/18/12!!

jessi2056 replied to mommyin2011's response:
Yay! Glad to hear the up-date! Also, am glad to hear you and your baby girl are doing great!!! What mommyin2011 said is correct I washed all of my soon to be DD's clothes and was worried about the pinks bleeding into the other colors but was amazing to find out they didn't!!! Good luck with the last 4 weeks and couple days till your due date!!!
Me(24) DH(25) expecting our first 11/27/2012 Pink Team= Zoey Christine Renee!

jon3brn replied to jessi2056's response:
So you are saying you took all the clothes you had (lights and darks) put them in a cold wash and they were fine? Alot of her clothes are multicolored. A navy blue onesie with yellow and pink lettering on them. Then there are some yellow, blue and green items. As well as white items with yellow ducks or pink and yellow polkadots.

Its just nerve wracking. but i know once she has an accident in one or spits up on it. My care factor will be out the door. Its just until then I want them to look nice so that she looks pretty in them. My plan is to do a massive washing of all her things this weekend due to sunday being our 36th week mark. At that point the doctor said anything can happen, so I want to have our bags packed and put in the car. He clothes washed, put away and hung up, as well as the rest of the nursery completed. That way the only thing I need to focus on will be school and then getting to the hospital.

hgreenwood7058 replied to jon3brn's response:
I wash all little mans clothes together in cold water. And I also use a fragrance free liquid detergent that is supposed to be hypoallergenic since babies skin is sensitive and you can use it for adult clothes to which is what we do. Everything gets put in the wash together other than things I know bleed (like we have some sheets that bleed.)
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

jon3brn replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
Thank you. That is what I will do. Everyone and everything recommended Dreft. That business is $$$ so I went with Baby All. We use All Free & Clear and I figure as she grows it will be a much easier transition since its the same product with the same things in it. I think I looked at the ingredients in both one day, and if my memory serves me correct (50/50 chance) I think it was all the same.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey I am the mother of a beautiful daughter born on june 9th, 2010. awaiting the excitment of whats to come!!

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful