Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

    Useful Things:

    • See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
    • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
    Laur1981 posted:
    I usually dont post much but I really dont know what to do here. At 28w appt was told I failed my GTT with a reading of 160. Yikes. DH is a type 1 diabetic and I am a nurse, so I know warning signs and I am pretty sure I have some of them. Have been having headaches with flashes of light and my BP is fluctuating (103/65 to 129/90) and dr was a little concerned about the BP but not enough to put me on meds. I however do NOT want to go for my three hour test. I have been putting it off for 2 weeks now and I dont see why we cant just assume I have GD and play it safe. The only reason I dont want to go is that the sugar drink made me jittery ALL day and I was MISERABLE and trembling. I keep my sugar intake next to nothing, carbs down also. If I fail my three hour, dr will order a strict diet and glucose monitoring 4x a day. Why cant we just do that?! It makes NO sense to me. Was diagnosed with severe PPD with DS (Who is now 5) and I never really fully got it under control. Dr has written a script for zoloft and says it "will not cause developmental delays just withdrawal symptoms" in LO. I figure why take it if it will just cause him issues.. I can tough it out for 10 weeks... right? For the record, I do not have plans to harm myself, just am really on edge with the 2 I already have...and 99% of the time I feel (and express to DH) that I DONT WANT this baby. Which I dont. He just wont listen to other options (adoption). What to do?
    BeautifullyBlessed responded:

    My heart goes out to you. It sounds like a lot to deal with.

    Are you willing and/or able to look into naturopathic medicines to help with you feeling on edge/anxiety...something like 5-htp. I don't know where they stand on taking natural medicine during pregnancy, but I cant see how it would be more harmful than the other stuff. You can consult with a naturopathic dr.

    I hope your DH will consider your feelings, mental and emotional well being. Ultimately, how you feel affects the children.

    I pray everything works out well for you and your family. Take it one day at a time.

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    My name is Michon (pronounced Mi-Shawn) and I am married to the most caring loving man I have ever met his name is Nelson! I have one son Alex who is ...More

    Helpful Tips

    Extra 15% off for and with code xtra15off More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 11 found this helpful

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.