Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
GTT/PPD
Laur1981 posted:
I usually dont post much but I really dont know what to do here. At 28w appt was told I failed my GTT with a reading of 160. Yikes. DH is a type 1 diabetic and I am a nurse, so I know warning signs and I am pretty sure I have some of them. Have been having headaches with flashes of light and my BP is fluctuating (103/65 to 129/90) and dr was a little concerned about the BP but not enough to put me on meds. I however do NOT want to go for my three hour test. I have been putting it off for 2 weeks now and I dont see why we cant just assume I have GD and play it safe. The only reason I dont want to go is that the sugar drink made me jittery ALL day and I was MISERABLE and trembling. I keep my sugar intake next to nothing, carbs down also. If I fail my three hour, dr will order a strict diet and glucose monitoring 4x a day. Why cant we just do that?! It makes NO sense to me. Was diagnosed with severe PPD with DS (Who is now 5) and I never really fully got it under control. Dr has written a script for zoloft and says it "will not cause developmental delays just withdrawal symptoms" in LO. I figure why take it if it will just cause him issues.. I can tough it out for 10 weeks... right? For the record, I do not have plans to harm myself, just am really on edge with the 2 I already have...and 99% of the time I feel (and express to DH) that I DONT WANT this baby. Which I dont. He just wont listen to other options (adoption). What to do?

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Hello,

My heart goes out to you. It sounds like a lot to deal with.

Are you willing and/or able to look into naturopathic medicines to help with you feeling on edge/anxiety...something like 5-htp. I don't know where they stand on taking natural medicine during pregnancy, but I cant see how it would be more harmful than the other stuff. You can consult with a naturopathic dr.

I hope your DH will consider your feelings, mental and emotional well being. Ultimately, how you feel affects the children.

I pray everything works out well for you and your family. Take it one day at a time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

"Single" Mother to a 1 yr Chihuahua, but will be co-parenting my LO with the BSD. Was quite a shocker when I found out I was pregnant, but k...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.