Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
GTT/PPD
Laur1981 posted:
I usually dont post much but I really dont know what to do here. At 28w appt was told I failed my GTT with a reading of 160. Yikes. DH is a type 1 diabetic and I am a nurse, so I know warning signs and I am pretty sure I have some of them. Have been having headaches with flashes of light and my BP is fluctuating (103/65 to 129/90) and dr was a little concerned about the BP but not enough to put me on meds. I however do NOT want to go for my three hour test. I have been putting it off for 2 weeks now and I dont see why we cant just assume I have GD and play it safe. The only reason I dont want to go is that the sugar drink made me jittery ALL day and I was MISERABLE and trembling. I keep my sugar intake next to nothing, carbs down also. If I fail my three hour, dr will order a strict diet and glucose monitoring 4x a day. Why cant we just do that?! It makes NO sense to me. Was diagnosed with severe PPD with DS (Who is now 5) and I never really fully got it under control. Dr has written a script for zoloft and says it "will not cause developmental delays just withdrawal symptoms" in LO. I figure why take it if it will just cause him issues.. I can tough it out for 10 weeks... right? For the record, I do not have plans to harm myself, just am really on edge with the 2 I already have...and 99% of the time I feel (and express to DH) that I DONT WANT this baby. Which I dont. He just wont listen to other options (adoption). What to do?

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Hello,

My heart goes out to you. It sounds like a lot to deal with.

Are you willing and/or able to look into naturopathic medicines to help with you feeling on edge/anxiety...something like 5-htp. I don't know where they stand on taking natural medicine during pregnancy, but I cant see how it would be more harmful than the other stuff. You can consult with a naturopathic dr.

I hope your DH will consider your feelings, mental and emotional well being. Ultimately, how you feel affects the children.

I pray everything works out well for you and your family. Take it one day at a time.

Spotlight: Member Stories

SAHM of two cute monkeys! Charlotte "Charlie" Mae born 11/5/10 and Orion Christopher 12/14/98

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful