Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Zakiyah Logan's arrival
Zaysmama posted:
Hey ladies it has been quite a while since I have been on the boards but things have been crazy. I am just now getting back to work because Zakiyah Logan was born on September 7th at 1:27am... He was 3days early, but was healthy as can be. He weighed 6lbs 13oz and was 20in long. The labor was mcuh shorter with her than with his older brother! Hope everyone is doing well and see ya soon on the newborn boards!!

-Heathir

hgreenwood7058 responded:
cognrats
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

ChristinaTT responded:
Congratulations!!!

nikndan13 responded:
Yay congrats : )
Me (30) DH (33) DD (13) DD (10) DD (2) Repeat c- section for me 10/23 can't wait to meet my lil football player !! Yay Blue team !!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Heathir -

Congratulations! So glad you checked back in (and had a short labor), we were concerned about you!

How is it going with juggling work and the boys?

Blessings to you and your family,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Zaysmama replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you ladies...
Sorry I was gone so long, was just soaking up every second I had to be home with my boys:)...
Everything went very smooth with LO. I went into the hospital around 6pm on the 6th after having some contractions since the 4th. The contractions slowly got increasingly more intense and frequent. I contemplated going in wednesday night but decided not to because I had no one to stay with Izayah. Then thursday I called off work and walked around the neighborhood while Zay rode his bike for an hour or 2. Once my mom woke up she could see the contractions coming and getting stronger so we went up and the dr asked me to walk the floor for a while and if I progressed then we would have a baby that night and if not they would give me something to help me sleep and break my water in the morning. I walked and progressed quickly Just an hour or so after I got the epi Little Zakiyah made his entrance to the world!
Since we came home Izayah has been a great big brother. He's always wanting to help mommy with "his baby" and wanting to hold Zakiyah. I love having 2! ...
As for juggling work and my boys, I have a great support system and I would do anything for the boys so I definitely make it work. I have cut back on my hours at work to be home with them as much as possible because leaving them everyday is a struggle!

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 35 years old and expecting my first baby im march. And to my surprise its going to be a boy. Ive had no problems so far other then the normal stu...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.