Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Getting alittle mad
CandJ posted:
My baby boy is going to be 4 weeks old on sunday. I love him very much, but him crying alot and me not getting any sleep is irritating me ALOT!!!!! I don't have a job right now and my boyfriend works from 8am-5pm so I take care of the little guy during the day.. The thing that is really pissing me off is he gets home and he still really don't help.. At night im the one getting up all the time changing and feeding him. I'm stuck sleeping in a diffrent room now because I don't want to keep my boyfriend up all night since he works... BUT tonight he goes out who knows how long hes going to out.. I just wished for one darn night I could have a break. We deserve that right??? I don't get to go out or even just hang with the girls, because I don't have many friends the ones I do have live out of state.. I don't say anything to my boyfriend about this because I don't want to make him man. WHAT TO DO???? HELP!!!!!

Take the Poll

What should I do?
  • Tell him whats bugging me
  • Keep it to myself.
  • Get over it, thats what you get being a mom
vote
View Poll Results

mommyin2011 responded:

I have the same issue. I have a 15 month old and a 3 month old and my husband goes out all the time. I never get to. after I had my babies, I really don't take to many friends, but that is besides the point. we do deserve a break once in awhile. I work full time and take care of my kids when I get home AND I getup with my 3 month old at night...husband doesn't help very much. I don't know ifs it just guys in general, or we just have selfish men!!

I let my guy know that he cant keep leaving and he needs to take more responsibility for his children...that helps for a day or 2, then he's back hanging out with his friend...

I actually get to go out wine tasting with my sister on Nov. 17th!! (I have to book my outings LOL), so Im looking forward to that!

good luck - and let him know how you feel!
Me (30) DH (31) 4 fur babies - DS 7/31/11 - DD 7/18/12!!

scperdomo7 responded:
I think you are overreacting a little. You JUST had a baby. Of course you are the one getting up all night feeding and changing - you don't have a job to get up and go to!

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure its exhausting - I've been there. I'm sure you are feeling overwhelmed, it's understandable, your hormones are still in flux and people often say it's hardest going from one child to two.

You need to TALK to your boyfriend and let him know you're feeling a bit overwhelmed and you know that he works hard to provide for you financially, but it would be nice if you could get a night out with your girlfriends one night.

It's all about how you approach the situation, if you come at him accusing him of being an ass and yelling and being all dramatic, he's likely to just tune you out and not take what you have to say seriously.

Also, you stated that the friends you do have live out of state, so who are you wanting to go out with if you don't have any friends that live close by?

Maybe suggest that one weekend you guys just get out of the house as a family?

Anyway, best wishes and try not to let it get to you. I know its difficult, but the key to a better relationship is good communication.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi my name is D(28) DB(30) Jordan(11)Daniel(5)Dasia(2)Dominque(DueApril 3,2011)With this pregnancy its very different from the other three pregnancy,w...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.