Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Tightness in the Belly
An_248830 posted:
I been having this tightness in my belly for about 3hrs and some pain but the pain isnt that bad..im 40weeks today and i just dont know what i should do? everytime i go to the hospital they send me home and tell me to come back when i start having contractions...i really dont want to go to the hospital...so if anyone had some tips on what to do please let me know..thank you

hgreenwood7058 responded:
did you end up going to the hospital? If not, I would say they are contractions so it could be early labor or it could be braxton hicks. Hope you get to see your LO soon.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone, I'm Dana. I'm 17 years old and looking forward to being a mother. I'm married to the greatest guy I've ever met and we...More

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful