Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
glucose test
kj121 posted:
I failed the 1 hr glucose test and am having to do the 3 hour test. Can anyone tell me what happens if I fail the 3 hr test? Does that automatically mean that I have gestational diabetes? or is there another test they do or what?

Anon_125277 responded:
it will mean you have gestational diabetes. Your OB will put you on a special diet.

I know that they dont want you to fast, but I did for the 1 hr and I passed.

Northern_Girl replied to Anon_125277's response:
I wish I had fasted. I wouldn't have had to do the 3 hour. And of course, I get the new lab tech...talk about a stab (twice)

KLN777 responded:
I failed my 3 hr on the last check with DD. they told me I was borderline for GD, not that I actually had it. They just ave me a list of foods to limit to avoid my baby getting too big. I did a decent job at following orders (although I did cheat a few times) and my daughter was a healthy 7lbs 3oz. Don't stress over the 3 hr. I now other people who failed the 1 hr and passed the 3.

beckyatmoms responded:
I failed the 1 hour (by a few points) but passed the 3 hour. Chances are you will be fine. If you do fail I think all they do is put you on a special diet. Good luck.
Becky (35) DH (32) DS (12) DSD (6) - after 3 1/2 years and 3 attempts of IVF we are finally expecting twin girls - due 8/24/12!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am engaged to be married to a wonderful man, we currently have three children two girls and a boy. The new arrival to the family will be a little gi...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful