Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
And it's a...
ChristinaTT posted:
BOY!!! Lane Douglas Keith T. was born on November 3rd at 6:12 a.m. He weighed 7lb 10oz. and was 20 3/4 inches long. He has a FULL head of dark hair that keeps going to his eyebrows and fills in little sideburns too. What a doll, I think he's a keeper! We are pretty excited to get a boy for #4 after 3 gorgeous little girls! And his big sisters are pretty excited about their little brother too

Full story: I had my membranes stripped at my OB appt on Thurs Nov. 1st. I never really had any contractions on Thursday, just a lot of pressure and tightness. Thursday night I lost a good chunk of mucus plug, and Friday morning I lost more and had more bloody show, but no contractions! I had my husband stay home from work b/c I was sure I was going to go into labor anytime, and we had a late breakfast and went on a little hike close to our house, and still nothing! I couldn't believe it. My husband told me to not worry, I would go into labor that night. He was right - don't you hate that? I woke up at 1:30 with good contractions but stayed in bed to make sure they were going to pick up. At 2:30 I got up and finished packing up my hospital bag and went downstairs to pace through the contractions. They quickly picked up to every 2 minutes and about 45 sec to 1 min in length. We decided to head to the hospital around 4.
When we got checked into labor and delivery, the nurse checked me and said I was about 3cm. I was kind of worried that I had gone in too early since I wanted to go natural again this time and usually I can cope better at home than in the hospital. She called my doctor and he decided (!) to keep me - good choice since this is my 4th baby and my labors don't last longer than 5 hours (but said he'd be in around 9 to break my water, hmm?)! By the time she finished her questions and paperwork and the monitor trace it was 5 a.m., and she checked me again and I was already at 6cm! I got into the tub (just to labor in, and oddly enough this was a total shock to my nurse since I guess no one uses the tub or goes without drugs at this hospital) and started to relax, but got out again quickly because I could tell I was going into transition. When she checked me again I was at 8 cm and it was obvious I wasn't going to make it until my doctor planned on coming at 9! Shortly thereafter I was ready to push, but my nurse wasn't ready to catch the baby...so she was telling me to concentrate on my breathing! Let me tell you, it's virtually impossible to not push out a baby when it's crowning! A few minutes of this ridiculousness and I decided to push anyway, baby boy was born with 2 good pushes and my husband coaching the delivery - and he announced we had a boy! My doctor walked in literally 2 minutes later. This was technically my nurse's first unassisted delivery (although I think that honor technically would go to my husband) - and little boy was none the worse for the wear with APGAR scores of 8/9 and a healthy cry!
Recovery has been pretty good, just tired mostly. I had one skid mark that's pretty much healed and Lane is eating and sleeping well (for a newborn!) We really couldn't be happier. Best wishes to all the new moms, it's been a pleasure to be on here with you all!

nikndan13 responded:
Yay !!! Congratulations and welcome to the world baby Lane !!! I have been popping on to check for you and see how everything went !! Im so happy for you and your family ( especially those girls they are gonna just love him to pieces ) and hey we both got our lil men : ) I'm still learning all about lil boys and have only been peed on twice ; ) best wishes to you and your family : )
Me (30) DH (33) DD (13) DD (10) DD (2) Repeat c- section for me 10/23 can't wait to meet my lil football player !! Yay Blue team !!

Taylove11 responded:
Congratulations on your healthy baby boy! I'm glad that you both are doing well and that it sounds like you had an easy delivery (minus the doctor not being there). I wish you all the best and hope everything goes wonderfully for your family!
Taryn(24), DH(32), DD (2) Expecting again! Blue team. EDD 12/7.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Ahh, Congratulations Christina!!!

What a great birth, it doesn't sound like you could have planned it any better. How wonderful for your hubby to help bring your baby boy into the world!

Can't wait to hear how your party of six is doing over on Baby's First Year Community . Please check in to let us know how things are going.

Many blessings to you and your family,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have 2 sons Braxton and Atlas, got married 2008 to the most wonderful man that has raised my son as his own and we now have one together and have a ...More

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful