Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Baby Zoey is here!!!!
jessi2056 posted:
So this is a long story! Friday Nov. 2 I went into my Dr. apt. and things were not looking so great with me! Zoey was doing great but mommy wa falling apart. So much swelling walking with just hospital socks on was almost impossible! Protein in my urine! and high uric acid levels in my blood. They decided that I needed to be induced... stinking preeclampsia.

I get to the hospital and find out I am already contracting on my own. They put me on seizure medicine b/c my blood pressure was too high. They put in one of those cervix pills to try to make things going faster. Waited 4 hours; no progress. they start me on pitocin. Contraction got worse. But, i hung in there and did everything natural with no pain medicine.

30 min. of pushing and she was here! Did skin to skin for 2 hours and then while i was making my first trip to the bathroom they come in to tell me they took her to the nursery b/c her oxygen level was too low.

She got sent to a different hospital with out me. b/c her lungs weren't taking in enough oxygen.

Finally get her released on saturday just to go back to the other hosital b/c my blood pressure had reached 170/120... They took care of me and finally we made it home Monday of this week!

She is the most perfect thing I have ever seen!!!! 6 lbs. 2.9 oz and 19 1/4 inches long! Absolutly beautiful!
Me(24) DH(25) expecting our first 11/27/2012 Pink Team= Zoey Christine Renee!

jessi2056 responded:
She was born Nov. 3 at 2:36pm!

att76 responded:
Congratulations Jessi! Not the way you were expecting, but glad things are okay!

ChristinaTT responded:
Congratulations! Glad you are both home now! Our babies have the same B-day!

hgreenwood7058 responded:
congrats. Sorry for the rought time but glad everyone is well now
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

BeautifullyBlessed responded:
Congratulations!!! I'm glad all is well and I'm sure everything you went through was definitely worth it!

You are a trooper!...no pain medicine...wow! I hope I can do that.

Enjoy your beautiful baby!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Congratulations Jessie!

How frightening for you, so glad you are both home now!

How many weeks were you when she was born?

Hope your first Thanksgiving as a family was a great one. Be sure to check in over on Baby's First Year Community to let us know how new mommyhood is going.

Many blessings to you and your family,
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
~To be a child is to know the joy of living, To have a child is to know the gift of life.~ Author Unknown

jessi2056 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
She was born at 36 weeks and 4 days of gestation, and she is doing great and getting bigger everyday!! She is such a blessing and so worth everything I went through! I love being a mommy soo much that I am ready to have another one already and it's only been 5 weeks and 4 days since I had her! lol! I lost 53lbs. it was mostly all swelling from the preeclampsia... so i am back to prepregnancy weight already!! which is amazing! I thought i was going to look like a whale for awhile after b/c of how much weight I gained!

Hope everyone else is doing well!! Keep up the good work ladies your babies will be here before you know it!

Spotlight: Member Stories

My first LO is due March 4, 2010! My hubby and I found out we were pregnant on our 3 year wedding anniversary after TTC for 6 months. The pregnancy ha...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.