Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Anybody taking Zantac daily, long term?
BeautifullyBlessed posted:
Just found out my upper abdominal pain and vomiting is due to acid reflux (or indigestion).

It started out happening in the middle of the night, but recently started to progress to during the day and I couldn't keep any of my meals down. I got scared and went to the ER. Dr said to take zantac.

Is there anyone taking zantac daily, long-term?

It's hard to know when the reflux will act up and wake you up with pain and vomiting in the middle of the night, so I don't know if I should take it before bed every night to prevent it or not take it so often and risk it.

I have 8 weeks left and I'm hesitant to take it every night to prevent it.

What is your experience?

Laur1981 responded:
I'm not on Zantac but am on protonix for the same reason. I take 30 mins before dinner.

Anon_77886 responded:
I know this is a late reply, but my doctor said I could take it 2x / day. I hope this i okay. I was already taking it 1x/day for GERD before I was pregnant. Both my GP and OB said it was okay to continue through pregnancy. In my 8th month it got much worse and OB said it was okay to move to twice a day.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi! Im Jessica I'm 37 years old and this is my 3rd baby and 3rd baby boy. I have been through a divorce 2 years ago and this baby is the 1st in ou...More

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.