Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
GD?
Laur1981 posted:
So. Went to the endocrinologist today and she said that because I had a max of 10 days left in the pregnancy she wasnt going to put me on a fast acting insulin and that "at this point nothing will matter anyway." so my blood sugars have been a little high, ranging from 126-160 after meals.apparently that doesnt bother her. So then why am I taking my glucose 4 times a day and why am i taking the levamir insulin at night? If bringing down the levels wont matter, I am going to just stop pricking my fingers and bruising my thighs. I have "track marks" all along my thighs from the injections and they hurt and it seems like a big waste. baby only weighs 5 lb 12 oz and isnt big at all. i know macrosomatic babies are a concern, but not in my case. I have lost another lb since monday bringing my total w/g to a whopping 6 lbs. I just, at this point, am giving up.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am married to the most wonderful man in the world. we got married valentines day feb.14, 2008. we have an incredible son together. hayden was born j...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.