Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
HE'S HERE!!!! BORN AT 32 WEEKS
BeautifullyBlessed posted:
Hello ladies,

Well...my little trooper had to be delivered via c-section on 12/20/12. His due date was 2/10/13...he was 2 months early.

I went in to be checked by my Dr. on 12/19/12 thinking I lost some of my mucus plug. The dr. wasn't sure it was part of my mucus plug since it had a green tint to it. However, my cervix had softened a little.

Thank God she sent me to the hospital to be monitored! I was having contractions, my cervix had shortened, softened and opened a little. They gave me the meds to stop the contractions and a steroid shot for the baby's lungs. The meds didn't work for the contractions and the baby's heart rate started to decelerate with the contractions.

When the dr came in at 5:15am the next morning on 12/20/12, he told me we should do a c-section. I immediately became worried because I didn't even consider something like this would happen. I was looking forward to my water breaking and rushing to the hospital in panicked excitement and deliver him full-term, vaginally.

When I asked when he planned to schedule the c-section, he said, "Now!" I took a deep breath to process the information, but immediately after started crying.

Shortly after, at 6:06am, my miracle baby, Canaan was born! He is soooo strong and healthy...GLORY BE TO GOD!!!! He didn't need any oxygen or anything. His lungs were great and so was everything else!

He only spent about 2 days in NICU, but since he was doing so well, they moved him to special care. They put him on an iv for nutrition and lipids (a fat). In just a few days, he came off of the lipids and 2 days later, he came off of the iv because he was eating so well...which meant he had no problem sucking, swallowing and breathing!

The drs and nurses are so impressed with him. I thank God for his health. Although I didn't get to carry him to term, God had a special day and time for him to enter this world and my Canaan is exceling.

I LOVE HIM SOOOOO MUCH!!!!!

reb_hun responded:
hey no fair!! you got a headstart!! hehehe, glad to hear he's doing ok!! how's momma doing? how much did he weigh when he was born? i need details!!

jessi2056 responded:
Congrats Mommy!
Me(24) DH(25) expecting our first 11/27/2012 Pink Team= Zoey Christine Renee!

BeautifullyBlessed replied to reb_hun's response:
I'm doing well. I'm healing quickly after the c-section. My mother thinks I'm moving too fast and says my body is still open from the surgery. The nurse asked me yesterday if I drove myself to the hospital because I'm not supposed to drive for 2 weeks. I barely even used the percocet after coming home...I used it once.

The baby weighed 3lbs 3oz and was 16 and 1/2 inches long.

I feel so blessed...the nurses said he thinks he's bigger than he is...lol...my baby is strong, healthy and determined! Praise God!

How are you feeling these days?

tlkittycat1968 replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
If you feel good, go for it, within reason of course. My doctor gave me the okay to drive at 11 days post-c-section as I hadn't taken any vicodin for over a week. He said he wished all his patients were like me. You know you're doing well when you forget to take your pain meds. The day after my doctor gave me the okay to drive, I wrestled a car seat w/DS in it into and out of the car to drive paperwork to work; DS was 12 days old.

reb_hun replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
so when does little man get to come home? hopefully by the time i have my little man!!

BeautifullyBlessed replied to reb_hun's response:
Baby Canaan came home on Saturday, January 5th! He was only in special care for 2 weeks! When I tell you he is blessed...HE IS BLESSED! He did well with everything and the nurse said there isn't anything being done for him in the hospital that can't be done at home.

He's still doing well!

As for me, happy to have him home. My life has changed so much. Everything is all about him and I'm so busy taking care of him. DH finally made it here from Canada yesterday and I have him training to help care for the baby. I can't wait until he's ready to get up with him in the middle of the night alone so that we can take turns.

Blessings to all of you!

reb_hun replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
yay!! i'm still waiting trying to bake him for a little bit longer. so i take it you're formula feeding? i wish my hubby would've got up in the middle of the night but no... lol i would get the baby and feed her (for both girls). what i'm worried about is that we're getting him circumsized, did you guys do that for canaan? i'm scared because i don't know what to do seeing as i've never had to worry about it.

MrsBurt05 replied to BeautifullyBlessed's response:
Oh wow! Congrats Beautiful!!

That is amazing that he's doing so well!! God is GOOD!! I'm so glad you and your lil man are doing spectacular!! Congratulations again and welcome to motherhood!!

iceechic responded:
congrats!!! glad to hear everything went great!
PINK TEAM!!
Me((Chris(29)DH((David(35)DS((Cain Michael(11)DD((Harley Reyne(7)EDD of DD((Sydney Addalyn(11/30/12)
Love My Family

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello! My name is Jenelle. I love in upstate NY with my wonderful family--I first came to WebMD when I was pregnant with my son in 2007. You can find...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.