Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Cold/sickness
Soccer posted:
I am getting really mad. My doctor seems not to care. I have been telling him I am not feeling good. He say well it is your first pregnancy so your body is getting use to it. Than he gets on to me cause I do not get the flu shot. He scared me saying I could kill my baby and myself if I don't get it. Once again I am sick with a cold or something. I have been getting sick ever since I started false labor. I am trying home remidies for my cold or what ever. But I need help in what I can do more to get me feeling better. My child is coming in 13 weeks so I need to get things done. My symptons are sore throat, headaches, really tired, babrley eating, I sleep almost 12hrs if not longer, now my throat is like clogged up. I do not know what to do. I do not want to hurt my unborn child, but if I do not get help I am afraid something will happen.

butterfly19790424 responded:
I had a horrible cold the first week in December and again last week. I have been pumping myself with Vitamin C from oranges and other citrus.

I started feeling better after 5 days.

Soccer replied to butterfly19790424's response:
See I drink only apple juice and orange juice. My pre natal has a lot of Vitamin C. I am thinking my husband has something but I cannot figure what he has.

butterfly19790424 replied to Soccer's response:
We also eat fresh hot peppers with our supper. My husband seems to think that is why we both recover so quickly.

We both had something at the same time (we didnt have peppers one week). We started eating peppers this week and we both cleared up sooner than our sick friends.

Soccer replied to butterfly19790424's response:
Thank you for the help. I will try this for taco night.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have an 11 yr old son and i just gave birth 2/26/10 to my baby girl. (both were a little over 10lbs at birth) it was an amazing experience and i pos...More

Helpful Tips

36 weeks
Hi, since the secon trimester I have had a lot of pain in the pelvic region and between my legs. Today I lost my mucous plug and have been ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.