Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
very late birth story.....triggs
melb1121 posted:
hi all sorry so late.....

Christopher Michael Berkey was born on 11/12/12 at 5:22am 6lbs 15oz 19 1/2 inches long.

i went into labor on my own about 8pm on the 11th.....went to the hospital at about 11.....i was only dialated 3-4 and 60% effaced...they let me walk a couple of hours but i only dialted to a 4-5....my nurse in triage was awesome....she said i was at 5cm so they addmitted me!!.....i got my epi(which did not work all the way) then dr broke my water at about 4:45am.....mind you i was only 5cm....my DH decided to stop by home real quick cause we couldn't remember if we put our dog in her kennel figuring we had plenty of time.....20 minutes later i had the extreme urge to puch, they told me don't push and even though i was not pushing my body was. DH just barely got back in the rooom and our little man was born....we were so ecstatic. he spent 12 hours in the nicu with blood sugar problems but we were both discharges 2 days later ......now here comes the triggs....

Christopher was a joyful baby never fussed to much unless he was hungry. we went to his well baby check up on 12/18/12 and he gained 3lbs in 1 month and was completely healthy.....1 week later, then morning of Christmas Eve at 4:30 he woke up to feed so i took him and we sat in the recliner he nursed then we both feel asleep....I awoke again at 8:30am looked down and something wasn't right, he didn't look right.....checked him trying to get him to respond and nothing....he wasn't breathing....we called 911 and started cpr but nothing....paramedics and firefighters got there and he was transported to the hospital but they could not revive him....my baby is an angel in heaven looking after us now.... Thank you so much for everything you ladies have done for me through my pregnancy!!

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I am so sorry for your loss. I don't know what else to say, the words just aren't there to express my sympathy.

Soccer responded:
I am truly sorry for your lost. Just keep reminding your self your little guy is in heaven. He is able to do all the things you planned for him and than some. I am sure he is looking down on you and smilng.

hgreenwood7058 responded:
I am so sorry for your loss. It breaks my heart. You have a wonderful angel to watch over you. Hugs.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

sarah0323 responded:
I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't know what else to say.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi everyone, I'm Marla. My fiance and I are both finishing our degrees in Education while taking care of our 16 month old Carter and new baby Maso...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.