Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
how long?
hermomma13 posted:
ok so im 35 weeks went into preterm labor new years day, was in hospital over that weekend and ever since been having Bh's and what not and from what im reading it seems as if im having back labor.. mind u she checked me THEN and i was 3 CM's and 70% effaced.. and she was low so my question is how long can a baby stay in that position (in the canal im guessing) b4 i go into labor labor?

JulesFord responded:
With my first one i was dilated to 3cm for over a month and thinned out some...so you never know how long you can stay that way....

hgreenwood7058 responded:
It can be a long time. When do you get checked next? Drink lots of water and keep your feet up as much as possible. You don't want to really have baby this early. They may consider giving you a shot to stop labor if its true early labor instead of just BHC. If you don't have an appt coming up, make one. Best of luck
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a single mother to a wonderful daughter and am excited to begin my adventure as a moderator with WebMD. I have past experience as a medical tran...More

Helpful Tips

help
what do contractions feel like? More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful