Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
28.5 wks - cramping all day with back pain
winenkids posted:
Hello
I keep searching cramps online but everything says round ligament pain. I dont have this as its not a sharp pain that comes the odd time, and I don't work on feet and have been pretty lazy last few week haha! I am 28w 4days - Today I woke up with a lot of abdominal cramping and went to the washroom and figured that was it (TMI i know!) but then all day I have had cramps. The baby is moving a lot (more than usual actually) and my back has been unbearable. I took a tylenol but did nothing. The odd time my belly feels tight but not painful tight. This i my second baby and with my first I had braxton hicks at 34 weeks but i dont remember it lasting all day i went in almost right away and then it went away quickly.
I have been drinking water all day, and usually do drink alot of water anyway..
Anyone else have this? I hate going to Emerg as i feel they look at you stupidly if you are not in true labour. Like as if to say "You should know better"

I just dont know if I should wait another day or two before making a big deal

mskay251983 responded:
Hi first of breathe, secondly i personally will go into the ER. I am 29 weeks with my 3rd. With my 2nd i had what i thought was BH for the whole day but it was on and off and not lasting more than a few seconds. I believe your suppose to contact your doc if you have more thatn 4 of 5 per day.I had like 20.Needless to say i went in to labor the next day and had her at 35 weeks.I labored at home until i was 10cm putting it of as 'bh".So to be on the safe side go in or make a call to your doctor. Now if you feel alot of bearing down pressure and the urge to poop (tmi) you should def be on your way .Hope that helps

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey I am the mother of a beautiful daughter born on june 9th, 2010. awaiting the excitment of whats to come!!

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.