Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
No one EVER answers me but...(possible TRIGGS)
cg_75 posted:
I'm 31 weeks today with baby #2 (preg #3, I had an ectopic 5 years ago, one of the reasons I'm asking this). I am going to have a planned c-section and am considered a tubal ligation at the same time. I am concerned about the aftermath of the TL. I've heard many women regret having the TL because of what they call post tubal ligation syndrome. I've also heard of many women who had the procedure and are fine. So I'm wondering, does anyone have an opinion? I also worry about the possibility of ectopic pregnancy, since I've already had one, would my risk be even higher?

tlkittycat1968 responded:
I had the procedure over 3 years ago and was glad. No more worrying about birth control. Yes, I know there is still a small possibility of pregnancy but since I keep track of my periods, I'd know if it was late and would take a test and would know if I were pregnant and to get checked out.

mskay251983 responded:
im with you on this one i am almost 35 weeks with my 3rd child.i am planning on having my tubes tied too.i have a boy and a girl and this third one is a boy i just gived in an found out last week.Now im like do i want my daughter to be my an only girl and what if i have a boy the next time i get preggo. I want the TL too though because i think 3 is enough for us to handle considering how close in ages they are.so i have no idea what i 'll do and dont want to regret my decision either

cg_75 replied to mskay251983's response:
Yeah, I just don't want to trade ease of birth control for horrible periods.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've been happily married to the love of my life, Mike, since July 31st, 2008. His three kids from a previous marriage live with us and I have a D...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.