Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Taking vicodin third trimester
anonymous posted:
Please nobody judge me....this is my 3rd pregnancy and I am roughly 35-36 weeks pregnant. Due to a few conditions that have flared terribly in the last few months, my OB has had me on vicodin. I have Crohn's disease, fibromyalgia, and endometriosis. I never took anything with my first two kids, but all of this has been so bad. It's of course difficult to rest with two kids making it hard to constantly be moving if I'm in so much pain. This medication is prescribed by my OB and he did say he wanted me to taper. I have tapered down to about 30 mg of hydrocodone per day, which is about 6 of the 5/500 vicodin. I am concerned about not tapering off on time and the baby going through withdrawals. I have done a lot of research and I have read that many women take it till delivery and their babies have no problems. I have read that you should get concerned if you're taking closer to 80 mg per day. I'm trying to taper and I have, but I'm still concerned about not making it on time. If anyone can give advice or have any experience at all with opiates during pregnancy that would be great!

lovelife559 responded:
I don't have an answer for you but I'm going through the same thing and I'm 23 weeks. Trying to get my dose as low as possible before birth. Would love to know how everything turned out. Congratulations on your pregnancy and I hope you're feeling better!

An_256080 responded:
I know this post is a few months old, but I'm in a very similar situation and was wondering how everything turned out for you and your baby. Did the baby have withdrawals? Any information would be helpful. Thank you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My Story: My name is Summer and I'm 29 yo. My DH and I have been married for almost 2 & half years but we will have been together for a total ...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.