Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
natural birth
nreyn3 posted:
Please no negativity!!! Everyone is entitled to have the type of childbirth they want, and this is what I want. Best of Luck to everyone!

Hi, I'm going to be having a little girl around February 23 and would really like to try to have, at the least, a non-epidural/spinal tap birth. Not because I think they harm the baby, but because I would like to have the full experience of childbirth. Everyone seems to think I'm crazy and won't be able to do it, which actually make me want to succeed even more! This might be the only child I have, and I think the natural birthing process, as painful as it may be, would be an incredible bonding experience for little Lilliana and me. My husband is supportive up to a point, he won't admit it, but I think he honestly believes I will fold at the first real contraction. I have signed up for a bithing class, but want to see about taking a few online classes, or at least find a few videos for pain management. Does anyone know of any they would recomend? Thanks for any input!

mommyin2011 responded:
With my first pregnancy, i got an epi. it numb only my right side, then about 30 mins later, numbed my left...i think i got it too early, b/c when i was at 9 cm, i started to feel every contraction. during birth, i felt pain, but not as bad as it would have been w/o an epi......now, with my second, she came so fast, i had no time for an epi (or an IV). I got to the hospital at 11pm and she was here at 11:41!! it was a madhouse in my delivery room! the doctor didn't even let my hubby cut the cord. But, let me tell you"026that hurt!!!!
now i am prego with # 3 and i go back and forth on whether to get an epi or not. i guess it depends on the labor length...if its quick like my daughter, cool, no epi...if it last hours like my son, i may choose to get one.

it's all up to you and how you want to have your birth. either way, your a CHAMP!!!! birth isn't easy...stay away from the negativity as much as you can. once u are in labor, u will know what u can handle; or not handle.

good luck to you!!!
Me (30) DH (31) - DS 7/31/11 - DD 7/18/12 - BFP 3 due 2/3/14 BLUE TEAM!!

jessi2056 responded:
With my daughter who is 13 months old now! I had to be induced at 36.5 weeks because of preeclampsia! I was in labor and having contractions as soon as I got to the hospital before they even started the pitocin and that started Friday at 4 pm and we finally had our babygirl at 2:36pm the next day! I had NO epi or pain medication the whole time! Yes it hurt like a bi**h but I wouldn't have changed it for the world!

Here I am at 27.5 weeks and I know I'm not going to get any pain meds. With this little guy either! I support your decision 100%!

Everyone also told me I couldn't do it! It made me want to prove them wrong that much more! And that's what I did! YOU can do it too! Good luck!
Me(24) DH(25) expecting our first 11/27/2012 Pink Team= Zoey Christine Renee!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Everyone - my name is Toni - I am 35 and pregnant for the first time with twin girls. My husband Bill and I have been married since 2007 and are so...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.