Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Am I dilating!?
kbailey817 posted:
I am 34 weeks pregnant. I have been experiencing contractions since 28 weeks and was just under 2 cm dilated when I was checked at 33 weeks after a doctor visit. I have been having a lot of discharge, it is not mucusy, very watery and leaks to the point where I have to change my underwear 3 times a day (never have experience center a 'gush' or pop) . I received 2 steroid shots after a hospital visit that almost resulted in an emergency delivery. Thankfully everything was found to be okay and I did not have to deliver. I have been having regular 1 min long contractions every 4-5 minutes for about 3 hours now and experiencing a lot of low pressure and burning pain. I am wondering if I should call the on call doctor or wait until my doc appt on Tuesday?

mommyin2011 responded:
hope everything was ok. sounds like it was labor...
Me (30) DH (31) - DS 7/31/11 - DD 7/18/12 - BFP 3 due 2/3/14 BLUE TEAM!!

kbailey817 responded:
No. Still pregnant and still questioning... Doctor didn't even do a check on me and she didn't give me much to go off of except baby looks great and the ultrasound showed that she is measuring almost 2 weeks ahead and weighs 5lbs 13oz... Ugh, so frustrated.

Spotlight: Member Stories

By day, I'm a 7th grade teacher. By night, I'm a mommy and wife. I have a 19 month old daughter named Elena. On March 3rd, my second daughter,...More

Helpful Tips

How to load photos on WebMD
WebMD has created a guide to assist you with loading your photos. Photo upload guide More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 12 found this helpful