Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
help please
An_254724 posted:
hi im 21 years old and first time pregnant. im 31 weeks and 2days.
tonight ive been getting really bad pain in my upper stomach in the middle it even hurts when i am breathing. it going around my back a bit at my ribs.
i have had a flu all week but been feeling better this week.
does anyone know what this could be or anyone suffered from this.
any information would be great.
thanks

nreyn3 responded:
I'm not sure if its related or not, I'm 32 weeks and at about 27 weeks I started feeling my little one pushing on my ribs.. it just kind of felt weird.. now shes jamming her feet in-between them and it takes my breath away. i hafta change positions and rub my belly to get her to move out of there.. im also only 5'3" idk if that matters or not for rib kicks. hopefully its just your little one moving around on you, unfortunitly for you its not a pleasant feeling!! i hope it gets better!!! good luck!

nreyn3 replied to nreyn3's response:
I just came acrossed this... definitly make sure your blood pressure is okay!!!

How to Tell if Gestational Hypertension Is Worse If you have any of these symptoms of preeclampsia, call your doctor or midwife.
  • You feel bloated, your ankles are very swollen, or your face or upper body has swelling when you wake up.
  • You have headaches, blurred vision, or sensitivity to light.
  • You have seizures or convulsions.
  • You have a severe pain under your ribs.

jessi2056 replied to nreyn3's response:
The severe pain under your ribs is usually only on the right side! I had severe preeclampsia with my daughter a little over a year ago! Now I am 30 weeks with no symptoms of pre-e what so ever yet! Wahoo! Really talk to your doctor and tell him/her about it!
Me(24) DH(25) expecting our first 11/27/2012 Pink Team= Zoey Christine Renee!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have a beautiful 17 month old daughter and a little boy due on April 29, 2010.

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.