Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
jessi2056
hgreenwood7058 posted:
Hello from 2nd tri boards. I am officially 3rd trimester today woohoo. Glad you are no longer measuring super different. My baby girls belly was measuring 2 weeks ahead of the rest of her at 18w6d (but a cummulative from measurements put her at 3 days ahead), I had a follow up u/s at 24w2d. Her head measurment fell behind by a week, he legs stayed at my due date and belly measured a week ahead of my due date. (her cummulative ended up being 3 days behind as a result). But OB was happy with the measurments and she was in the 46th percentile on growth so I don't have to have any f/u u/s unless I start having issues. My fundal height has been measuring perfectly. Otherwise not to bad. BP is staying really good. I passed my GD test (barely). I did have a pretty high white count but she isn't too concerned about it.Oh and no anemia. Just getting rounder. We have narrowed her name down to 3. Hope all is continue to be well with you.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

jessi2056 responded:
Dr. Appointment yesterday went great! Fundus height is measuring right on target now! She thinks he is about 5.5lbs. Already and he is head down! No swelling wahooo! And b/p is great! She thinks he might come early! Here's to hoping around 37-38 weeks! glad your doing great!
We have no clue what we are naming this little guy yet! We just can't find the perfect name that both I and DH like!
Me(24) DH(25) expecting our first 11/27/2012 Pink Team= Zoey Christine Renee!

hgreenwood7058 replied to jessi2056's response:
Its so hard to find the right name. I keep going back and forth between the names. Any of them would be fine and they are all ones that we agree on (we both started out with a list. and then combined them and marked off any of the ones we absolutely would not want and then marked one by one off till we had the top 3). DH has his favorite but I am still not set on it. I am beginning to swell. So far just in my hands. Hoping that it won't get to bad this pregnancy like with my son. Yay for measuring perfectly. I am getting nervous thinking about baby girl being here anytime between 9-11 weeks (give or take a few days). My sons birthday is 3/31. Im due the 9th of april but they want to do repeat csection around the 2nd. So I have to worry about that (if I even make it to 39 weeks), plus a bunch of birthdays and things in between. It feels like its going to fly by (especially when I also work full time and then go home to a very active toddler). So a bit nervous about it all. It would be nice if it slowed down a bit for me since this is likely the last pregnancy (hubby wants to get a vas)
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12-Carson Lee

jessi2056 replied to hgreenwood7058's response:
We have chosen a name finally! He could come any where for 5 to 8 weeks! I'm getting excited to meet him! This is our last pregnancy I will be getting a tubal after delivery! I'm hoping its done the same time little man is getting his little boy parts fixed! Still no swelling and this is when I started getting bad with DD!

Hopefully with a little rest your swelling goes down!
Next OB appointment is in 2 weeks and I will be 34 weeks by then! Gesshh not too much longer at all! Eeeek yay! I'm nervous about labor/delivery b/c I can remember how it felt before lol! But super excited to meet this little guy!

Yay for a name. I still haven't decided lol. Its still between the 3. DH has his favorite but I am not set on it. Its hard because you want them to have the "right" name. I am nervous about the being cut open thing, last time I was fine, mentally prepared that it could happen (though my ob never thought I would need it) then when it came time after all the issues with labor and delivery ending in emergency csection I am glad I mentally prepared myself just in case. I had a severe tear on my uterus when they were unsticking my son so I am not a candidate to try naturally this time. I think thats probably what bothers me the most. I was told with my son I had the equivalent of both a regular and csection (they knocked me out due to the complications when they got to the or). This time not having a choice and not being allowed to try I think is what gets to me. Ultimately I could go into labor prior to my csection and then baby girl will be born at that time which I am okay with. I just don't like the idea of, well your 39 weeks so lets do it then. Why not wait till baby says hey its time, let me out. I have my OB appointment today. Get to haev that oh so lovely tdap vaccine today too. Nice way to start the weekend haha. This is our last pregnancy as well. Its bittersweet. Its going so fast, i would like it to slow down a bit.

I'm ready for pregnancy to be over! It was great and fun while it lasted but now I'm just getting uncomftorable lol! I'm nervous about labor.... I know how it feels from DD! I was so ready and not at all nervous with DD's labor b/c I didn't know what to expect.... now I know and I'm nervous lol! It will all be worth it when I get to meet this little guy!

I hope you decide on a name for your little princess! not too much longer now! Hope your apt. Went well! Our 34 week apt. Is this coming Monday!

No name yet haha. I just can't decide. Appt went well. Scheduled csection for 4/4 (39w2d) so 4 days after DS birthday if I make it that far. I got some questions I was wondering as far as at what point i should go in and how long they will monitor me before deciding that its time to just go ahead with the csection. I feel a bit better of knowing what to semi expect now. I labored 36 hours with DS before it became to dangerous for both of us and we proceeded with an emergency csection. This time I will be monitored for a certain amount of time and go from there. I am nervous do to the fact DS did not handle labor very well and had a lot of decels followed by tachycardia. And I had mild pre-e and began signs of infection while i was in the hospital and was also very tachycardic. So while I was ready-ish for L&D with him (wasn't expecting to go straight from dr to the hospital and only had DS bag packed and not mine because I was going to that weekend since i was 37w2d when I was sent to the hospital). oops. This time I am going to pack at 35 weeks (maybe sooner if I have energy haha). This is a different provider (same practice but she started here during the same week I had my new ob appt. I was her first new ob appt for her here). She is very laid back which I like and I know that if I were to go into labor since I have seen literally all of the other obs in that dept I would be okay with whoever ended up doing the csection. Still a little nerve wracking through.I just want her to bake as long as possible. I am sure I will probably say otherwise in a few weeks since I hurt quite a lot already but there is just too much to do still. I have 2 birthdays and v-day in feb, 3/2 baby shower, maternity shoot/DS 2nd bday pics 3/9, 3/17 is another bday, 3/29 celebrating DS bday since he will be 2 on a monday this year, then delivery. Plus working full time and in the middle of some big projects. And still need to get the house ready for babys arrival and take care of toddler who is going through a "i don't want to listen to mommy or daddy at all" phase. bleh. Yay for 34 week appt. My next appt is the 7th. Oh and I only gained 5lb in 3 weeks which is better than the 10lb in 4 weeks like the last visit. And got my tdap as well. Oh and I don't have to get the group b strep swab either since i am having the csection.

Sounds like your really busy! We had super bowl last week end this week end a house warming pary, next weekend is my diaper shower! So also a little busy! Little man should be here soonish!

Went to the doctor yesterday and I'm 2 cm dilated already! There are proteins in my urine and I started swelling a tad bit! Weight gain has been excessive! So I have mynext apt. Next week! They are going to monitor me a little closer to make sure my blood pressure stays down. I'm thinking preeclampsia is trying to strike again but this time slower! Thank goodness its cold outside or my swelling would probably be terrible! I'm thinking he'll be here in about 3 weeks! Eeekkk! Exciting!

Hope your doing well!

Thats exciting! (not the swelling and protein and things but the other stuff lol). We decided on a name monday so yay for that. We did super bowl this past weekend too. We live in Wa State so it was fun (minus the commercials which were disappointing). This weekend I am going to put my sons new toddler bed together. (we are going to convert his old toddler bed back into a crib). And I need to get some sort of storage device to hold our daughters clothes. Then the next week is vday as well as my nephews birthday. Then I think I get two weeks then its baby shower. Then a bday party in between and then sons birthday and then dday. I have my appt today. I am 31 weeks today. I started some swelling and have had intermittent protein in my urine. BP is staying good at least. I had mild pre-e with my son as well. Dday is scheduled for 4/4 (39w2d), four days after my sons 2nd birthday. If I make it that far. I went into labor with him at 37w2d. So we shall see. Its all going by so fast though.
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12. Born 3/31/12-Carson. DD due 4/9/14 scheduled csection for 4/4/14.

I agree it is all going way too fast! But, right now being this big I am happy it is going fast! I could have this little guy as early as 2/22! And as late as 3/29 (that's making it to 42 weeks which I think is very unlikely)! Can't believe that is 16 days away! Wow!

I hope your swelling and blood pressure stay down! I don't really have much swelling in my feet this time which is womderful! It seems a lot of it is in my hands and a little in my face! Nothing that won't go away after Dday! 5 more days till I see the doctor and know a little bit more!

Good luck!

I am pretty big but measuring good. I could have our daughter anywhere from march 19th to april 4th. April 4th is csection date so unless theres a lot of emergencies that day she will be born that day. I would be okay if it had to be a day later too. Only day I would like to avoid is 3/31 which is my sons birthday. I would also prefer that I wasn't in the hospital on his birthday (or his birthday party). But its not in my hands. Its just a wait and see. Thats crazy you could have your little one in just a couple of weeks. eek. Its exciting and probably a little nerve wracking too. Your bags are packed right?
Heather(24),DH Lee(25). PCOS w Hemmoragic cysts. BFP:1/23/11 M/C 2/10/11. BFP 08/13/11 EDD 04/17/12. Born 3/31/12-Carson. DD due 4/9/14 scheduled csection for 4/4/14.

Haha! No, little man's bags are packed but as for mine.... not so much! I dunno what I want to wear home... I figure most of my stay there is just going to be wearing a hospital gown anyways! No need to get my close stained! I should probably pick something a put it in there... we even bought a box of chocolate for the nurses this time! Just a little thank you for them helping me out! Hubby can't hold both legs! Lol!

You may want to pack . I packed my sons bag at 36.5 weeks with plans of doing my bag the next weekend. Well ... I went into labor that wednesday afternoon and had him that saturday. Oops. I had the feeling all pregnancy that he would be early but I was thinking like 2 weeks not almost 3 weeks early. I didn't even make it home on wednesday. I went in for my check up and started contracting every 3 minutes in office. They had my coworker bring me straight to the hospital. DH was not so good at picking out clothes for me. This time I am going to bring a couple pair of stretchy pants that are low cut (since I will have a csection I will be stuck there for a few days) and then also a stretchy dress in case theres too much pressure from the csection with the pants. I am bringing no slip slipper socks as well so I don't have to wear the ugly ones from the hospital lol. And a hair tie. Basic things that I will need to get ready for when I go home with baby girl. I am also going to get a postpartum belly belt thing. It hurt really bad to cough or move when I woke up from the emergency csection (they put me completely under, this time I will be awake) and so I am thinking maybe the pospartum belt will keep things from jiggling as much and help with pain control. i am also sad because I will have to leave my son for 2-4 days and I have never been away from my son even for 24 hours since he was born. (he will be 2yo a few days before my scheduled csection). I will bring my phone and charger as well. My sons sitters told me they would bring him up when I get out of recovery anytime I wanted and to let them know. And she offered to take him a few hours on the weekend as well so DH could be able to come visit without a toddler running around getting into things he shouldn't. Oh and nursing bras and nursing pads and lanolin free nipple cream. (even with wearing the gowns you tend to leak on the opposite side when bf. or at least I did. Felt like I needed a new gown constantly lol).

Thanks for the list and reminders of things I need to pack! This is my goal for tomorrow after my doctors apt. My sister will be going with me to watch DD since DH will be working! I don't even get a sitter to watch her for those I take so,eome with me so DD can go every where I go! Hopefully everything goes good tomorrow!

My sons sitter is my step cousin. She is awesome. She watched my son while we work (DH and I work almost the same hours in the same place just different jobs. I am a computer analyst and husband is a materials handler for the medical organization. I was a CMA prior to taking the analyst position). And we pay her 1/2 of what we would pay at a regular day care and I believe he gets better care. Anything we are working on with him, she and her husband will work on as well. He takes really good naps for them (not so much for us but its a work in progress), he's constantly learning and her whole family loves him to death. He even has his own room at her house. We have grown closer together over the last few years. Not over the best things (we both had a mc around the same time. We both have PCOS. She is still trying for a successful pregnancy. She has had to do fertility meds and she has had a total of 4 mc. I feel for her big time. And hope she gets blessed soon. They are talking about not trying for a bit and proceeding with foster care and/or foster care to adopt because she is tired of the constant disappointment). I think her taking care of my son and soon to be daugther in a few months that its partly a coping thing as well because she is getting some of the things she needs from taking care of them when we are at work. She started watching my son when he was 9 months old. She will start watching daughter around 2 months.

Related to packing I am going to start around 35.5 weeks this time unless I get a new baby bag sooner then I will do it intermittently so I don't have to rely on DH to do mine for me this time. He grabbed me prepreg pants and a shirt. (my mom ended up having to go back to the house and get me a stretchy dress to wear home). Fun times.. Thats exciting on just how close you are

Spotlight: Member Stories

Amy (29) DH (30) - m/c in 12/05 ^Friday^, DS#1 11/06, DS#2 - ^Jeremiah^ - had Anencephaly, a severe neural tube defect - Born 8/14/09, Died 8/17/09, M...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.