Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Quickened breath and heart rate
brwilliford14 posted:
Good morning! Has anyone had any issues of feeling like you have lost your breath and you cannot get your heart rate down? It gets bad enough to where I have to stop what I'm doing to catch my breath and try to lower my heart rate, even if I'm just sitting down. I haven't talked to a doc yet mostly because I think they'll just tie it up to a normal pregnancy symptom. There's been times where I've almost fainted or seen 'stars' or spots. I don't have (as far as I know) any medical conditions other than a heart murmur but I just want some feedback. I plan on calling the nurse triage during my break since I'm at work and can't use the phones in my call center. Thanks, y'all.

jessi2056 responded:
With DD I had rapid heart rate and it went away after she was born. I get short of breath now sometimes just moving around while sitting which is completly normal... your caring a lot of extra weight and blood! I get dizzy and see some spots if I stand up too fast... but also spots are a sign of preeclamsia.... so next apt.make sure your blood pressure isn't high or there is no proteins in your urine! Good luck most of everything is pretty normal! Welcome to pregnancy right! Lol!
Me(24) DH(25) expecting our first 11/27/2012 Pink Team= Zoey Christine Renee!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Me (29), Hubby (35), DD (2), lil man EDD 06/11. I have a bit of a long story, but will try to keep it short. Ever since I can remember, my cycle has n...More

Helpful Tips

Flushable moist wipes
Just thought I'd share a tip that I learned this time around. After the birth of DD1, I was given the squirt bottle to clean down there ... More
Was this Helpful?
125 of 223 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.