Skip to content

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
Baby's stomach measures big....
alxsbb09 posted:
Hi, I am new here. I am concerned. I went to an ultrasound today at 36 weeks. Tech said everything looked fine with the baby, but asked me if i had GD; which i dont. I asked why she asked and said that my baby's stomach was measuring big. Although she said that it was somewhat normal she did not sounded convinced but rather hesitant. I am planning to ask my DR this thursday but of course i am a very worried and cannot wait until i see him, so i wanted to ask you guys first. Have anyone else experience anything like this, if so what was your babys outcome after birth. Another thing, she mentioned that baby weights approx 7-71/2 lbs, and that i was more than likely be giving birth to an 8 lb baby :confused:

umenoTamsha responded:
Let me guess, she forgot to mention the inaccuracy of the weight measurement and how it could go 7 or more oz's wrong in either direction right? Or that baby can measure big jsut simply 'cause big babies can run in your family or that since they really can't go inside to measure it's all estimates? And the numbers/sizes they measure you against is just the common/average sizes for babies that far along. I wouldn't worry and having a 8 lbs baby isn't horrible. I had a 8lb and 15.7 oz baby myself. I loved my epi but that's me, lols! How big was it measuring? And when'd you get your 1st ultrasound anyways? The 1st is the most accurate at determining your due date but the further along you are, they say that genetics can take a hand in it so they can say you are further or not depending on how baby grows. And if baby is only measuring a few days or a mere week, I'd certainly not find that unusual. Baby's have growth spurts inside us so maybe that's why. I'm glad baby looks great! Healthy is the most important thing! :grin:

HannahTMI responded:
Ultrasound measurements at this stage can be plus or minus an entire pound. As far as the stomach measurement being big, do you know how far ahead it was measuring? Both of my boys always measured big in the tummy. At least a week and a half bigger than the head and femur measurement. When DS was born, he had a nice, rolly little tummy. I just fed him well. ;)

Spotlight: Member Stories

i am 35 years old and expecting my first baby im march. And to my surprise its going to be a boy. Ive had no problems so far other then the normal stu...More

Helpful Tips

Diapers.com
First off, I super miss this board, I "graduated" 2 months ago! I miss the excitment, so I still come back and read the posts sometimes. I ... More
Was this Helpful?
12 of 14 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.