Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Almost there! Welcome to your third trimester and your community!

Useful Things:

• See what's happening with your baby and your body — right now.
  • Get trusted WebMD information and track your baby's milestones with the WebMD Baby app for iPhone and Android.
gas pains or contractions?
Katiloma posted:
So I feel really silly asking this question but I can't make up my mind what's going on. Every 30 minutes for the past 2 hours (so 4 times) I have had what feels like a strong gas pain that hurts for about 30 seconds and then it goes away. I wouldn't think anything about it but it has been every 30 minutes to the minute. Has anyone had contractions that feel like gas pains? I don't remember them feeling like that with DD and I didn't have any with DS before my c-section so I'm not sure. I'm also unsure because everytime LO moves it hurts, also like a gas pain. Any suggestions as to what is going on?

babytwo2009 responded:
I had this problem last night. Bad gas pains. Are you actually passing gas along with these pains? If your not then it could be contractions since you are actually close to your date. My pains would go away after i passed gas and then a little while later they would come back. It went on for about 3 hours then stopped.

Minnmommy2b responded:
Have you tried taking anything that would normally stop the gas pains? Maalox always worked well for me for that. I would say if you're letting one rip along with it :sheepish: and the meds help then its probably just gas. If not, maybe contractions!

lisafalco1980 responded:
I have had the same thing a few times now. I wake up in the middle of night and feel like I have to go to the bathroom. But when I go nothing happens. The feeling usually lasts for about 3o seconds or so and comes every 20 to 30 minutes. It is more than likely just the BHC's intensifying if it doesnt feel better when you pass gas. I have also been having the god awful pain in my lower right abdomen and every time LO moves it makes me frozen in place because it hurts so bad. The past two days LO seems to be sitting on my right hip as well so the pressure makes the pain much worse. Lisa (28) DH(24) EDD 02/07/09 Tobias Michael

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am Katya. I am 26 and have been married for 6 years.We have a son who will be 3 in August and expecting a baby sister. We cannot wait for our...More

Helpful Tips

Infantino SlingRider Recalled
I just wanted everyone know that the Infantino slingrider was recalled this morning due to infant deaths. You can read the whole article at ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.