Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Abdominal Adhesions after prostate cancer surgery and radiation treatment
gibbler123 posted:
This maybe long..sorry ..need help..My boyfriend had prostate cancer 2 years ago..took the prostate out.. counts went up so had to do radiation treatment..now he has abdominal adhesions ..had 5 attacks in 2 months..serve abdominal pain..they have to put him on morphine to ease the pain..they do abdominal x-rays everytime he has a attack to may sure there is no obstruction..blood work fine..except for the serve pain which can last up to 10 hours..The doctor at the hostipal is sending him to a surgeon to see what they can do..because he said that 5 attacks in such a short time period is to much...we hear that more surgey could make it worse...Any advice..he has gone through so much in the last couple of years...and he is only 52...we cancelled our vacation because we never know when he will have a attack..has anyone esle had thisany tests we should know about or guestions to ask would greatfully to know..

thanks.

Featuring Experts

Basir Tareen, MD, is a board certified urologist who completed his residency at North Eastern Ohio University followed by a prestigious fellowship in ...More

Helpful Tips

Recovery of Erectile Function after Radical ProstatectomyExpert
Patients will often ask me if there is anything they can do to improve erectile function after radical prostatectomy. In general, I tell ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 18 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center