Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Prostate Cancer Symptoms
seeker_1 posted:
Hi there everyone. I think I have symptoms of prostate cancer and I am looking for help determining how likely that is. Please note: I am already trying to schedule an appointment with a doctor to get this checked out properly - I just want to know how likely it is that the symptoms I'm experiencing could be from prostate cancer.

I'm 26 I've heard that PC is rare for a male of my age.

Symptoms:

- Leaky penis after urination. (Wikipedia says "urinary dysfunction" can be a symptom.) This has been happening for maybe about a year.
- Pain in groin area that has been growing over the past ~2 months. Sometimes it feels like it's right in my testicles, sometimes it's right behind the base of my penis, and sometimes it feels like it's in my inner thighs near the very top. It's a mild, consistent ache.

About 2.5 months ago I started exercising 3 times per week. I run and lift weights, and have started a high protein diet. Don't know if that's relevant.

As far as I know there is no history of prostate cancer or other cancer in my family, at least up to my grandfathers.

Possibly relevant: I masturbate almost daily.

I did a self-check tonight. I don't know if I did it properly. In my anus, I think I felt a ball-type structure along the forward wall, which may have been the prostate. It felt like it had little, tiny spots on it. To be completely honest it was very soft, and I don't know if I was touching poop. I'll have to try more over the next few days and see if I still get the same thing.

I went to the doctor at the beginning of this week and mentioned the pain in my groin. I forgot to mention the leaking because, since it started so much earlier, I didn't think that they might be related. He did a regular checkup style testicle check and found nothing from it. He said that if the pain gets worse I should come back.

I'm really worried about this, and any information would be a really huge help. Thank you.

BillH99 responded:
At your age more likely that it is something like urinary track infection, prostatitis, an STD, or maybe something else putting pressure in that area.

A bladder stone is another possibility.

IIRC there is a type of hernia that can occur in the area.

Or maybe a pouch in the intestines putting pressure on the prostrate.

Take a week or two and as you think about it write down how/where/what/when it happens. And likewise with the leakage.

And take that with you so that you will remember to give all of the details.

az4peaks2 responded:
Hi Seeker, - I would suggest you get an appointment with a Urologist as soon as possible. I agree that it is more likely something OTHER than Prostate Cancer (PCa) causing your problems.

I would add, however, that Testicular Cancer is the most common Cancer diagnosed in young males between the ages if 16 and 35 y/o. The pain in the testicles and lower abdomen is also common complaints in such cases. It is also one of the most curable forms of Cancer, if promptly diagnosed and properly treated.

Of course, this is all pure speculation at this point, and a Urologist is the physician specialty that you should see for your symptoms.

Good luck! - John@newPCa.org (aka) az4peaks

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center