Skip to content
Biopsy question
An_241463 posted:
I was recently diagnosed with prostate cancer, after I had the biopsy procedure done there was a lot of blood in the semen this would not have been a risk for my wife if we had sexual intercourse??
RKM

az4peaks2 responded:
Hi, - No, the blood in the semen after Biopsy is common and should have no adverse effects on the intercourse with your wife, under normal circumstances.

Post-biopsy lood tends to remain in the semen longer than in the urine, but should self-resolve with time.- John@newPCa.com (aka) az4peaks

RandomPseudoNym responded:
It should pose no risk, but using a condom might help ease her mind if the thought is disturbing, which it is, to many. It's not contagious. Prostate cancer in a female patient would make the news, and that news would have shown up here, I'm fairly certain

Blood in the ejaculate lasts longer than the blood in the urine, for sure, and after a while it turns brown. But in a similar If still slower) fashion to the blood in urine, the more you clear the pipes, the faster it goes away.

Fairwind responded:
No risk, just nasty...Take matters in hand a few times to purge your system..

Helpful Tips

Recovery of Erectile Function after Radical ProstatectomyExpert
Patients will often ask me if there is anything they can do to improve erectile function after radical prostatectomy. In general, I tell ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center