Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
mestasis
CWCWC posted:
Hi, I realized I didn't really define my concern in my last post, I am concerned that I have cancer now in my arm as a result of the prostate cancer spreading. Below is my earlier post, sorry for the repeat, and thanks for the great responses I got
---
Dr., a quick history. I am 52, excellent health except PC. Discovered through biopsy August 2011. Gleason score 8 (4plus4) with a psa of 8.6. I have very much confidence in the Dr. I have. Late in September 2011 I had a bone scan and a CT scan, both clear. Beginning October I began a 5 month run of Lurpon, and simultaneously 22 external beam treatments. In December (early) had brachytherapy, the Dr. was very pleased. PSA down to .3 at this point. I developed some shoulder pain in mid November, it never went away and the last few weeks it is worse, with pain floating down my arm as well. It can be lessened with ice and ibuprofen, but really kicks up at night. My deductible began again this year, I am on a (very) limited budget. My Dr. says he feels it is not mestatic, and is just a strain (makes sense since my muscle structure is very sparse to begin with and the Lupron has left me weaker, no doubt). What is best course of action to consider, I have tried massage and chiropractic. I play a musical instrument and use my left hand in a strange position (I am taking a break) and have had some problems with this shoulder before. But, I can't help but be concerned. Any perspective on this? Thanks!

Helpful Tips

How to get the most out of your prostate cancer consultationExpert
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your prostate cancer surgical or radiation oncology consultation: 1. Have extra copies of all ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center