Skip to content
Leg issue after Radical Prostatectomy
Hawkeye4u2 posted:
49 years old. 25 pounds overweight. PSA 4.2 DRE normal Biopsy 12/6/11 3 of 12 positive Gleason 4 + 3 = 7 Had nerve sparing radical prostatectomy on 1/23/12. No problems. Everything has gone as the Urologist said it would. There were no margins. Came home on day 3 after surgery. Got up on the top of every hour that I was awake and walked for 20 minutes to help get rid of soreness and get my strength back. By day 5 after getting home most of the soreness was gone. THEN I started having an issue with my left leg. I would walk 10 or 15 steps and a nerve (or something) would hit me hard and I would flinch, yell and lose the leg for a split second. The pain starts in the front of the leg - upper thigh and radiates down about 8 inches. It may reoccur in 4 or 5 steps or an hour later. Can't tell when it will happen again. It has happened on stairs, standing at a table working and normal walking, but never while sitting or laying down. The doctor was not in when I had the staples and catheter removed. His PA said he had no idea what it might be. Anyone out there ran into this issue?

DESCHAPELLES responded:
check for lymphosil

JohnShotton responded:
Hey Hawkeye4u2 , you still out there? I've just been done, well three months ago, and have exactly the same problem. What went down with you? They are working on thinning my blood at the moment but it's going nowhere. I'm starting to despair.

Helpful Tips

Using Social Fundraising
The costs of treating and surviving prostate cancer can be staggering, and insurance doesn't cover everything. Using social fundraising ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center