Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Incontinence after prostatectomy
    Palitana posted:
    I had radical prostate cancer surgery over 2 years ago and am still suffering from incontinence problem. I am 72 yrs ole and have an active life. Is there any hope for curing this problem? Any suggestions? I have been doing kegels and other pelvic floor exercises, do other exercises very regularly.

billh99 responded:
    First talk to your doctor about biofeedback kegel exercises. Some people have a problem identifying the right set of muscles.

And there are some medical treatments. I am not sure of all of the details, but I think that they include injecting a bulking agent and rebuilding the sphincter.

Palitana replied to billh99's response:
    Thank you, BillH99. I have gone through physical therapy and received biofeedback results. I will talk to doctor re bulking aagent. Doctor didn't say anything when I last saw him about a year ago. Thanks for suggesting

billh99 replied to Palitana's response:
    Here is a reference for all of the different treatments.

http://www.upmccancercenters.com/cancer/prostate/incontinence.html

A google with - treatment incontinence prostatectomy - will find more.

Helpful Tips

How to get the most out of your prostate cancer consultationExpert
    Here are a few tips to get the most out of your prostate cancer surgical or radiation oncology consultation: 1. Have extra copies of all ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    5 of 5 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center