Skip to content
Sex Oh Boy
blessmyheart56 posted:
Can you have sex without condoms after being diagnosed with as low risk prostrate cancer?

az4peaks2 responded:
Yes, Prostate Cancer (PCa) is not contagious. Radiation treatment with Brachytherapy (seeds), usually recommends a short period of condom use immediately after seeding.

This is a precautionary measure that allows time for the "seeds" to firmly adhere to the body tissue, so they are not likely to travel elsewhere in the body or be expelled through the urine or ejaculate. Such movement is relatively rare. - John@NEWpca.org (aka) az4peaks

marinemustangpa replied to az4peaks2's response:
Hi John:

Lucked out.

A couple weeks ago I posted my condition and indicated I had a CT-Scan, Bone Scan and X-Ray. Bone Scan came back with hot spots and I needed to get an MRI. This is to remind everyone to stay positive. My MRI came back and showed the hot spots which bone scan radiologist said was suspect mets were in fact just a back getting old and some scratch and tears from sports I used to love to play.

Get the tests and trust your instincts and the best medical help you can find. Stay positive. Enjoy the love and friendship you may get.

Chuck
PA

Helpful Tips

How to get the most out of your prostate cancer consultationExpert
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your prostate cancer surgical or radiation oncology consultation: 1. Have extra copies of all ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center