Skip to content
Rising P.S.A after surgery, radition and 6 months of hormone therpery
gibbler123 posted:
Here goes,
- Jan. 2010 had turp done because of rising psa and 4 negative biospy..psa was 13..found cancer in core of prostate..decided on surgery ..but put off till July 2010 because of work.
-July 2010 had surgery removed prostate..after surgery ..still psa of .64 doctor suggested radition..
-Sept. 2010 had 36 days of radition..found out in Nov.still had a psa of .34..
-Nov.2010 started 6 months of horomone therpery..
- April 2011 psa went done to .03..very happy..
-have been going to get psa checked every 6 months.
- Nov. 2011 psa slightly elevated to .05
- April 2012 psa is now .08..

My guestion is are these reading's really anything to be worried about..my doctor wants me to go back on hormones but I really do not want to ..he say's I must have cancer cells floating around..I am only 52 years old..

An_245012 responded:
you might want to ask your doctor to call the lab where the blood work was done and find out what test they used. one is called WHO i cant remember the other i think its called hybrid?? {not sure} if the lab used different testings that can give different readings on the psa level. I just read that online a few min ago.

Helpful Tips

How to get the most out of your prostate cancer consultationExpert
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your prostate cancer surgical or radiation oncology consultation: 1. Have extra copies of all ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center