Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Radiation Treatment
caseyra817 posted:
I have postrate cancer and undergoing radiation treatment. The place that I use for this has had there machine down and I have not had any tretments for 4 days. Will this have any effect on the progress of the treatment.

Basir U Tareen, MD responded:
I'm not a radiation expert by any means, but I can tell you anecdotally that patients often have to stop or delay their treatments for various reasons and they are usually able to resume treatments without much difficulty or effect on long term prognosis. (although this has not been specifically studied as far as I know). I think a short interruption of 4 days is likely not a major cause for concern and you may want to ask if the treatment course could be adjusted to include a weekend treatment (which is normally a 2 day interruption)

Helpful Tips

How to get the most out of your prostate cancer consultationExpert
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your prostate cancer surgical or radiation oncology consultation: 1. Have extra copies of all ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center