Skip to content
Urinating and Blood pressure meds.
Anon_182582 posted:
I was told that if you are on a bood pressure med thats taken at night before bed that if you have drank liquids with med, that blood pressure med will make you urinate often during the night. Is this observataion true?

billh99 responded:
It only take a sip of water to take the pill. That sip is not going to make any difference.

If you drink a gallon water before going to bed you are are more likely to have to get up and go in the night. Regardless if you are on a BP med or not.

Now there are a number of different classes of BP meds and a number of different meds each class.

One class of meds are diuretics. They cause the body to get rid of extra water. You should not take those at night as they can make you have to get urinate at night.

Note, diuretics are often combined with other meds in the pills. If you are not sure, ask your pharmacist.

Helpful Tips

Recovery of Erectile Function after Radical ProstatectomyExpert
Patients will often ask me if there is anything they can do to improve erectile function after radical prostatectomy. In general, I tell ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center