Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Seed implantation for prostate cancer
ProfessorV posted:
After 9 nine years of the Seed implantation (for my prostate cancer), I want to know if there is a possibility if one of those seeds were the culprit in having me some blood in my urine. It was only temporary, one hour and I noticed something came out of my urine after I drank lots of water. Is it possible one of those seeds find their way out?

Take the Poll

After 9 nine years of the Seed implantation (for my prostate cancer), I want to know if there is a possibility if one of those seeds find their way out? After 9 years since I had some blood in my urine, temporary though.....
  • Poll Choice 1
  • Poll Choice 2
vote
View Poll Results

Basir U Tareen, MD responded:
It may not be a seed per se, but having hematuria (blood in the urine) is very common. We see it with both external beam radiation and seed implanatation. That being said, you should definitely see your urologist for a cystoscopy to rule out something more serious like a bladder cancer. All patients with blood in their urine should have a complete workup with includes the 4 C's:
1. Cystoscopy
2. CT scan
3. urine Cytology
4. urine Culture

Helpful Tips

Recovery of Erectile Function after Radical ProstatectomyExpert
Patients will often ask me if there is anything they can do to improve erectile function after radical prostatectomy. In general, I tell ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 21 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center