Skip to content
After surgery
daman123 posted:
am not sure if this question is in the right area but:
My 76 year old Dad had Prostrate Cancer Surgery in January using the seed implant option. He has had a catheter since the surgery. The doctor advises ok to remove, this being the 4th time, and within 2 or 3 hours he is back at the hospital having another as his bladder is full but he cannot urinate. This time my Dad was given a px for hormones (I do not remember the name - but apparently it runs $1500 an injection?) .
My question, is it time to see another doctor to ensure all that needs to be done is being done?
Thank you.

Haylen_WebMD_Staff responded:
If you are not comfortable for any reason with a doctor or medical facility, you should seek a 2nd opinion ASAP.

Please be proactive and get the answers you need! Sounds like your dad needs an advocate.

Here's an article that might help: How To Ask For a Second Opinion

Best of luck to you both -

Haylen

Helpful Tips

How to get the most out of your prostate cancer consultationExpert
Here are a few tips to get the most out of your prostate cancer surgical or radiation oncology consultation: 1. Have extra copies of all ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

For more information, visit the Duke Health Prostate Cancer Center